PDA

View Full Version : Need a Backload for a Suzuki Sierra from Adelaide to Geelong

MudRunnerTD
20th April 2012, 06:53 PM
G'day guys,

I have bought a LWB sierra in Adelaide and need to transport it to Geelong. I was supposed to grab it while at Loveday but jumped off the bloody camper and did my ankle and was on crutches for the week.

I am looking to do the drive over and grab it with a car trailer but interested in if anyone has an empty truck coming back this way.

Give me a pm

Cheers Darren

AB
20th April 2012, 07:25 PM
I can get good prices transport wise Dazz.

Hopefully you find someone who can help but if your at loose ends then let me know mate.

If you need help getting it home too mate then I don't mind driving it back if you head down that path. I'll swap you for labour in a body lift...LMAO

MudRunnerTD
20th April 2012, 09:07 PM
Cheers AB,

Dano has offered to take a drive with me, we are looking at an early start on Anzac day and try and get there and back in a big day sharing the drive. Dano can get a trailer so tow over empty and tow it back is the plan.

Doing the maths it will end up costing around the $400 mark return plus time. If I can save a little and not have to do the drive then that is a big bonus.

Thought I'd ask as you never know what our members do ;)

No dramas on the body lift mate done a few and it's not a big job bud, happy to help.

Cheers

Bump ;)

pearcey
20th April 2012, 10:41 PM
Hi Darren
For 400 you could possibly fly over and drive it back should only cost around 100 to 120 for fuel.
Just a thought mate

MudRunnerTD
21st April 2012, 12:22 AM
Hi Darren
For 400 you could possibly fly over and drive it back should only cost around 100 to 120 for fuel.
Just a thought mate

Yeah that was the intention actually Pearcey but it turns out she is running a little hot and it is unexplainable at this stage. If I flew over I'd have to sort that out or take the gamble on a 10 hour drive with the radiator cap cracked off. If it was 300 kms I probably would but if I fly over then get 2 hours down the road and cook it I'm knackered and Dano is doing the drive then anyway to come and get me.

Just don't think I can risk it. You are right though it would be the cheapest option for sure. I was going to drive it home from Loveday but would be in a convoy of 4 cars and have had some back and some tools.

Oh well!

Bump ;)

MudRunnerTD
21st April 2012, 10:53 AM
Bump for the Weekend guys, anyone got a plan?

macca86
21st April 2012, 12:26 PM
I sent a car to townsvile from brisbane once was around 600 mark using a transport company you just need to ask yourself what is your time worth? I'd rather spend 200 to 400 more than drive 10 hrs each way