PDA

View Full Version : Intro

tdpainters
20th April 2012, 06:32 PM
hey guys, better do the intro thing, i have a 99 GU 4.2td wagon. I love her!
be easier to tell you what she dosent have, NO lockers ( its a Patrol and i can drive ) and well, thats it.
Love my fourbying, been doing it since you could drive a sII landrover on fraser with a beer in ya hand a see 3 other cars at xmas!! ( Dad had the beer)
i,m 38 ,live nth qld, love my fishing,camping and flying.
so g,day to all and hope to learn some more and hopefully share a bit of what i have learnt over the years.
cheers
Troy
tdpainters

Dhuck
20th April 2012, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

DX grunt
20th April 2012, 06:41 PM
G'day Troy

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard. Plenty of Qlders on here. They are having a Forum meetup in Qld in October. See Bigrig.

Take care out there.

Rossco

AB
20th April 2012, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

taslucas
20th April 2012, 08:25 PM
Gday troy, welcome to the forum mate.

tappin it

Finly Owner
20th April 2012, 10:09 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House Troy

Tim

Silver
20th April 2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome, Troy!

Is it blowin' in Bowen this evening?

boots
20th April 2012, 11:21 PM
Welcome along mate .

tdpainters
21st April 2012, 06:16 AM
thanks fellas,
i have had a few overheating problems with my old girl over the years, was always looking through the forums to see what ideas were out there. Do the valve clearances contribute to the heat problem?
As all the others have said, she only gets hot,heavy.underload.big long hill or straight.towing heavy.
A/C kicks off, temp comes up,,,, drop a cog,,,rpm back to 2200, pyro on 400,,,A/C back on goes like a champ.
What i ave played with to help
PWR radiator, new thermostat, watre pump good, fuel pump up and down, new injectors, reco pump, 3 in mandrel with no muffler, cut hole in bonnet to ram air through over turbo ( and to preserve my aux batt from cooking), All spotties off the bullbar, new fan, new shoud, new viscous coupling, extra thermo, dyno tuned, desludge, fuel additives,,, crikey and prob more that i have forgotton about.
Have been told the compressor wheel in the turbo could be worn and that it may need replacing which is making it work harder, thus getting hot.
Blows a little blue smoke on cold start and will miss till she warms up?
Only things i havent done is the valve clearance, new turbo and head test.
Any ideas guys???

And Silver, not blowing too much!!! only 15 knots today.

cheers
troy

growler2058
21st April 2012, 06:31 AM
G'day Troy welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tappin N Crappin

wildgu6
21st April 2012, 07:29 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Troy
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa tappa doo

Maxhead
21st April 2012, 07:41 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate