PDA

View Full Version : High lift jacks for GU - 48" or 60"??

Rusty86
20th April 2012, 12:31 AM
I've been looking at the high lift jacks on the Tigerz11 wesite, just wondering what size most people use/need - 48" or 60"? And what is the difference, is one bigger or just longer? Which would be appropriate for me with 3" lift and 33" tyres?

Is there a particular point on a GU where the jack will fit best when jacking up?

Cheers,

Rusty

Rusty86
20th April 2012, 10:07 PM
Done a bit more reading and leaning more towards an exhaust jack to begin with

Clunk
20th April 2012, 10:34 PM
Guess it all depends on how high a lift you have... seen a few of the 60" being carried but also quite a few 48" too..... I have neither and am also leaning towards the exhaust jack.... sorry I know I've been of no help. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light

nissannewby
20th April 2012, 10:46 PM
As clunk said will depend on your lift and if you have storage for it. I would go the 60" high lifts arent the safest thing around so if that concerns you go the exhaust jack.

outbackjack
2nd May 2012, 11:50 AM
I wonder how many people have exhaust jacks? Are they better or can be used the same as a high lift jack in similar lifts?

oncedisturbed
2nd May 2012, 12:18 PM
Exhaust jacks and bottle jacks are the safest to use. I have a 48" and 60" (will be selling the 60) but i got them for hand winching instead, just need to get the chains etc for it

the evil twin
2nd May 2012, 12:53 PM
If you are buying then buy a 60 inch... maybe doesn't apply to evertything in life but when it comes to Hi lifts "length matters"

I also have an exhaust jack (or airbag if you prefer) and they are the ducks guts. Much safer, much easier, much lighter generally and 100 times better than a hi-lift down on the beach.

Rip'n'Shred
2nd May 2012, 01:05 PM
I've never used an exhaust jack but they appear a lot more stable than high lift. Possible puncture though.

Mmarcuss
2nd May 2012, 09:51 PM
Get the 60's mate. High lift arnt dangerous. All you need is common sense and they are just fine. But use the right tool for the job.

Winnie
2nd May 2012, 10:04 PM
Hi lifts are only dangerous in the hands of those who do not know how to use them properly.

Tappa tappa

megatexture
2nd May 2012, 10:14 PM
i got the 48" but regret it now and i only have a 2" lift sometimes you arnt on level ground or a hard surface so that extra length helps i also carry a 5mm thick steel jacking plate for soft surfaces to expand the footprint of the jack stoping it sinking in as much.