PDA

View Full Version : Gaskets $$$

greenback
19th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Hey guys,
I was hoping someone could help me i have a real loud horrid screeching noise coming from turbo area while boosting .
After reading a lot of feedback from forums it seems more likely (hoping :P) to be exhaust/turbo gasses leaking .
I have been looking for a gasket kit for the turbo and exhaust manifold before i tear it all off for a look .Have been looking online and prices seem to be around the $400 dollar mark (genuine) seems a bit exessive to me almost halve the price of a new turbo (which im praying i dont need ) .
Has anyone else found cheaper prices than this ?
Can i get away with dissaembling these parts without replacing them?

any help would be appreciated
cheers

MudRunnerTD
19th April 2012, 09:05 PM
Surely not!!! Go to the vendors section and send a pm to NissBits and he will sort you out mate. Good luck hope you sort it out

greenback
19th April 2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks mate !! i have sent them an email

megatexture
19th April 2012, 09:43 PM
it could need machining if it’s too bad mine had to be machined before its 20,000 km service

Lieney
1st June 2012, 10:21 PM
I got aftermarket turbo flange gasket kit for $15 from sprints autoparts south aus. Exhaust to block gasket can't b that much more.

greenback
3rd June 2012, 05:17 PM
got the gaskets and after much swearing etc finally got the turbo off checked it and seems it turns really tightly im guessing that it should spin rather freely? (first turbo ive had the chance to look at) and am guessing its gonna need replacing ?

97_gq_lwb
3rd June 2012, 05:27 PM
usually a light push with 1 finger will spin it.