PDA

View Full Version : New Member & New to 4 Wheel Driving

jackwalks
19th April 2012, 10:19 AM
:harhar:G'day everyone,

By way of introduction, my name is Adam. I have only recently just moved from Sydney to Townsville with my wife & kids. I have also recently bought my first 4wd. I have very little experience with the know how & ins and outs of parts & mechanics, but hope to gain more & more experience as time goes on.

My Nissan Patrol is a 2001 GU II 3.0TD with 260k on the clock. I picked it up for 17k. It came standard with 2in lift old man emu shocks and a Uniden 40ch radio. I have added the ARB Bull Bar with Nighthawk HID spot & spread lights, 2nd battery & a Pioneer DVD/GPS radio system along with new BF Goodrich tyres.

I plan on adding in the not to distant future some extras, and slowly build up my Patrol for long family camping trips & the weekend fishing expedition. I look forward to perusing the forums & gaining as much knowledge as possible.

I take on board all hints & tips. :biggrin: Pics to follow.

Out to you

MudRunnerTD
19th April 2012, 10:52 AM
Hey Jack Welcome to the forum mate, Feel free to ask questions and view everything. I highly recommend to have a look at some of the Very Important Information here on the ZD30 3.0lt Nissan Engine as your 2001 is one of the Engines of concern.

How long have you had the car mate? is it the original Engine? is it the Original Turbo?

Check this thread out mate - 3.0lt-GU-Patrols-Grenade-Facts&highlight=nads (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?479-3.0lt-GU-Patrols-Grenade-Facts&highlight=nads)

AB
19th April 2012, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to have you on board!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

jackwalks
19th April 2012, 11:38 AM
Hey Jack Welcome to the forum mate, Feel free to ask questions and view everything. I highly recommend to have a look at some of the Very Important Information here on the ZD30 3.0lt Nissan Engine as your 2001 is one of the Engines of concern.

How long have you had the car mate? is it the original Engine? is it the Original Turbo?

Check this thread out mate - 3.0lt-GU-Patrols-Grenade-Facts&highlight=nads (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?479-3.0lt-GU-Patrols-Grenade-Facts&highlight=nads)

G'day MudRunnerTD, Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have had the GU II for about 6 months now, and before I left Sydney I had a major service & overall inspection done at Nissan Waitara on Sydneys North Shore. They stated that the Patrol was in top in with no off road use seen & that the engine was in top condition for its age. I travelled from Sydney to Dubbo, and went inland north through St George, Roma, Emerald, Charters Towers then Townsville. I was towing a 7x4 trailer 1/2 loaded and was getting about 1200km to the tanks. I did a bit of research before buying my Patrol & knew about the engine problems. I am hoping I have bought myself a good deal, but I am always weary to keep a look out for things that sound act different. I have good torque & revs stay just below 2k @ 110kph.

The engine & turbo are both original with no other engine mods.

Cheers

Silver
19th April 2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome, Jack!

There are a couple of other Townsvillains on here.

I think the info Mudrunner was pointing you to is about modifications that will keep your engine healthy. The first thread in General Mechanical section is always worth a look, I reckon. Make sure you have your cuppa or glass of something suitable when you open it :-)

taslucas
19th April 2012, 01:34 PM
Gday Jack, welcome aboard mate. Plenty if good info around here to search through. Enjoy:)

tappin it

Tweakedoffroad
19th April 2012, 02:24 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

DX grunt
19th April 2012, 02:37 PM
G'day Adam.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you onboard.

Tip #1. Don't believe that all Patrol owners in Qld are pure and innocent. They wheel hard and party hard!!

There's a Forum meet up in Qld in October. Contact the peace head, Bigrig. lol. He's a top bloke - apparently, hahahaha.

Take care out there.

Rossco

growler2058
19th April 2012, 02:50 PM
G'day Adam welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tappin N Crappin

modustollens
19th April 2012, 06:13 PM
I hope you get to do more driving than pushing!

Dhuck
19th April 2012, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

timbar
19th April 2012, 10:19 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
20th April 2012, 08:35 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
20th April 2012, 11:11 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House Adam

Tim

vixim
21st April 2012, 01:01 AM