PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 'dirty gear bag' for spare wheel at SuperCheap

BearGUST
18th April 2012, 10:30 PM
Hi all,
Always the way - I saw these at SCA today after I'd paid a lot more than $40!!!!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/gordy308/0a0d994d.jpg

Silver
18th April 2012, 10:32 PM
me too :-) Hopefully the more expensive ones are more crow proof. But if a dingo is going to rip one open, I'd rather it was one of these than the one I bought!

gregs
19th April 2012, 07:14 AM
These are a great little bag for the price. I have one and it usually goes over the camper spare. It was on for a month trip out to Innamincka, down the strez, through the Flinders, Broken Hill, Tibooburra, Noccundra, Eronmanga, Quilpie and back home to Maryborough Qld and it had a few blocks of wood, the pop up shower tent, and a couple of hoses and it didn't break or fall off, the only thing I did to it was cable tie the bottom zip runners together to stop the opening. I got mine on sale for $20 as they were apparently selling out of them and not restocking them in the stores....seems that didn't last long!!

Cheers

Greg

BearGUST
19th April 2012, 11:02 AM
I reckon they're a great idea, if more people had them we might see 4WD tracks littered with less rubbish (mainly cans)!!!
Unfortunately I paid about $100 for mine.

oncedisturbed
19th April 2012, 12:07 PM
Bugger, i paid $75 for my bushranger 1

AB
19th April 2012, 12:24 PM
If everyone can hold out for a month. I have the new batch of Redback 4x4 bags ready again.

Give me one month!!!

Winnie
19th April 2012, 12:43 PM
C'mon, spill the beans!

AB
19th April 2012, 01:08 PM
Ok then...It was going to be a surprise but now that this has been posted....lol

Some of you may remember I did some trial spare wheel bags back last year and have redesigned them a bit to suit our lifestyles.

I have been involved in the vinyl industry for a long time. Basically I have made up a kick ass spare wheel bag that will fit up to and including a 35" tyre.

I have not seen any vinyl bags better than the quality of vinyl I have used on these bags. Better than all the top name ones hands down!!!

Thick and durable vinyl, thick stitching with big open flap and quality velcro strips. Eyelet on the bottom for drainage....3 thick and double stitched tabs on the rear where an occy strap holds it perfectly to the wheel.

I'm currently in the process of trying to manufacture a thick rubber moulded logo to be stitched onto the bags. The logo mould and cost of the logo is a lot and I'm trying to organise the logo as we speak.

I have made another 50 and they are ready to go. I'm just trying to finalise a few things and get it all happening!

Some sneak peak photos from the earlier ones below just testing logo's and design only, gives you an idea of the quality and look.

AB
19th April 2012, 01:09 PM
Testing it out...

Woof
19th April 2012, 01:16 PM
Put me down for one Andy.

taslucas
19th April 2012, 01:32 PM
Looking good Andy.
They are good to keep stinky rubbish out of the cab.
Would the eyelet for drainage also let water and mud in as per your last photo? Maybe a little rubber bung?

tappin it

oncedisturbed
19th April 2012, 01:45 PM
They look sweet, you own redback?

AB
19th April 2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks lads!

Yes mate, recently registered it all.

I have been using mine for muddy snatch straps, etc and It's so much better than throwing it in the back of the car.

A bung could be used but It's also just as easy to spray the hose in there if you get mud inside and it all comes out pretty easy.

Screen shot of logo.

oncedisturbed
19th April 2012, 02:34 PM
Sweet as AB, you got a website to check out? Alwuays hunting for more gear, i think thats why the minister for war finance ia aging prematurly lolol

Tweakedoffroad
19th April 2012, 02:34 PM
Hey mate put me down for two with the white spider on black back ground

DX grunt
19th April 2012, 02:41 PM
Put me down for one Andy.

Put me down for two, too - please. White background. Thanks.

Any price tag yet?

Rossco

AB
19th April 2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys I'll let you all now when they are ready....Hopefully not too far away.

I have the website ready mate. Redback4x4.com

DX grunt
19th April 2012, 02:50 PM
AB

I've changed my order from 1 to 2 during your posting. I didn't want you to miss my edit. lol

AB
19th April 2012, 03:05 PM
I can't sell these too cheap like the cheapo Super cheap Auto ones as the materials and labour were ten times more expensive.

Considering the market retails anywhere from $70-$180 and the quality being higher than all of them I am thinking along the lines of $70 each and possibly a discount for forum sponsors just to get the name and product out there quickly.

Keeping in mind that I strongly believe (in fact I know) that the quality is even far better then the $180 ones that I have seen in shops and what the top brand name ones are asking.

Clunk
19th April 2012, 03:49 PM
Look bloomin great mate...... Can you stick me down for one withe white background please AB????? Cheers

Tap tap tappity crap

Winnie
19th April 2012, 04:54 PM
At that price I will definitely take one.

BearGUST
19th April 2012, 05:26 PM
Great stuff AB! Maybe I should change my initial comment about the Super Cheap ones to cheap (and nasty)...
Real 4WD's come with a spare tyre on the back, if all of them had one of these it would be great!
Those with two wheels on the back should have two bags! One for dirty recovery gear, and one for rubbish.

robbo0001
19th April 2012, 07:09 PM
Not to take away from ABs' awesome product (if I hadn't purchased a Supercheap gear bag 6 weeks ago I would definately be in....may still be,depending how it wears:1087: Wish I knew earlier,mate.)

I went down to my local Supercheap to get one of the 4wd wheel steps advertised at $44.98...and walked out with 2 of the original model (all steel,no plastic step) for ten (10) bucks each.

I was gunna try and make one....but ten bucks each? one for each side, and 2 extra seats for sitting on the beach.
Insane...but I will take em:biggrin:

NissanGQ4.2
19th April 2012, 07:33 PM
Nice one mate

How much extra for a nissanpalrol.com.au logo instead *L*

the evil twin
19th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Wow... luv ya work AB

and the price range is more than fair IMHO

paulasandmark
28th April 2012, 02:17 PM
looks great - I was thinking of getting one of these from Southern Cross Canvas when we bought our camper trailer

AB
17th May 2012, 10:12 AM
Logos are ready, just need to stitch these onto the bags, punch the stainless steel eyelets in to the base for drainage and I'm done.

The logos are awesome, very happy with them. They are 5mm thick rubber molded logos (Black and red colours are 3D) looks tough and will make the whole bag look completely different to competitors.

I also made up a double thick black border where the stitch line will be inside the two to ensure the stitch does not tear, get cut or get picked by kids....Locked in!!!

I hope to have this ready in a couple of weeks at most!!!

Winnie
17th May 2012, 10:30 AM
Looks the goods mate!

teno45
17th May 2012, 10:46 AM
Come on mate, we're all hanging out trying to advertise your good for you!

They look great, can't wait till there ready!

AB
17th May 2012, 10:47 AM
Come on mate, we're all hanging out trying to advertise your good for you!

They look great, can't wait till there ready!
Thanks mate....I'm trying I'm trying...lol....Hopefully be able to book my vinyl man in this weekend...Fingers crossed!!!

Richo460
17th May 2012, 12:05 PM
yeah mate looks great, i will be in for one for sure.

I just looked on ebay for one and couldn't find anything, might be a great place to sell them. Should be able to get a good price too. Can't say i have seen too many advertised so if you puts some adds on ebay and gumtree they will sell pretty quick.

Bloodyaussie
17th May 2012, 03:09 PM
I would love one AB and I will ask my neighbour tonight as he has 2 GU's..

mudski
17th May 2012, 08:08 PM
Testing it out...

A colostomy bag for my truck! Kewl!

knakkers
18th May 2012, 03:27 AM
AB,
Im up for 2 bags. They look a treat mate.
Ive been looking around for a bag for a couple of weeks now. I couldnt find any designs i really like, But yours looks & sounds like, just what im looking for mate

Ade
18th May 2012, 03:58 AM
Looking good AB. One for me then..and hope you can post it over here mate. Am about to buy one from the competitor but been thinking twice as there are some other priority for the Safari but for this I'll have a go..

AB
18th May 2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks guys, not long to go...I'll put a post up next week with more details.

Ade, yes mate we can work something out...

Steveo_the_Devo
18th May 2012, 07:31 AM
Looks great. Put me down for one too!

Bigrig
18th May 2012, 09:01 AM
Yes please!! Again....lol

DX grunt
18th May 2012, 11:10 AM
Great storage compartment for all the empties, or a short term esky with a drain hole at the bottom for the melted ice cubes to run out.

Isn't that true Scotty and Todd? lololol

AB
18th May 2012, 02:32 PM
Hey guys, the site is live and if all goes to plan I should be ready by next week...

See the link below for more info...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?11686-Redback-4x4-Accessories-Tough-vinyl-spare-wheel-bags

Morton
24th May 2012, 09:41 PM
I will want one aswell, I will ask the boys in my club as well, let me know about the website & I will forward it on to the boys & girls aswell

NissanGQ4.2
24th May 2012, 09:49 PM
I will want one aswell, I will ask the boys in my club as well, let me know about the website & I will forward it on to the boys & girls aswell

This is the link to AB's kick ass spare wheel bags

http://redback4x4.com/

Cheers

Todd

Bigrig
24th May 2012, 09:51 PM
Great storage compartment for all the empties, or a short term esky with a drain hole at the bottom for the melted ice cubes to run out.

Isn't that true Scotty and Todd? lololol

Not big enough for me!!! lmao

NissanGQ4.2
24th May 2012, 10:00 PM

x2 way to small

AB
24th May 2012, 10:23 PM

Thanks for your support mate. If you need any info or anything for the club then let us know. Appreciate your help!!!!

Silver
24th May 2012, 11:15 PM

the solution is obvious if you think about it. TANK needs a second spare wheel. Problem solved :-)

aussiemale
4th June 2012, 06:19 PM
Damn nice set up AB!! If I was going to stick my spares on the back would definitely grab two. Got anyone to market them over here in NZ? Will post your web page onto the local forum and see if there's much interest for you.

AB
4th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Damn nice set up AB!! If I was going to stick my spares on the back would definitely grab two. Got anyone to market them over here in NZ? Will post your web page onto the local forum and see if there's much interest for you.

Hi mate, no one over there at this stage. That would be great mate, I appreciate your help!!!

aussiemale
4th June 2012, 08:43 PM
AB,
You may want to check out this site
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz
that's the one that I've done a spiel for you, you may want to have a gander as there is a "Vendors showcase"
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=30816
that's where I did the spiel and already a few have had a squiz

AB
4th June 2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks mate, looks like a good little forum over there too!!!