PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol Blowing Smoke

Iceman55
18th April 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi All,

I have a problem that I am hoping I can get some help with. Recently I blow the turbo inter cooler which has been replaced. However, I am still blowing smoke and when I start driving it doesn't have the normal power and it takes up to 3 to 5 minutes before it kicks in.

I have a 3.0Lt Turbo Diesel 2006 Wagon. I have installed a fan on top of the turbo inter cooler and I have had Catch Can set up for the Turbo, all of which seem to be working OK.

I was wondering if the Air Flow Meter might be the problem or if a seal might have blown in the Turbo. The smoke isn't there all the time but can be quite noticeable at times.

Any assistance would be very grateful.

Regards,

Iceman55

AB
18th April 2012, 09:41 PM
Hi mate, a couple of questions...

What colour is the smoke?

When does it appear, just on start up, under load, etc?

Welcome to the forum too, don't forget to post up an introduction about yourself in the introductions section when you get a chance.

megatexture
18th April 2012, 09:48 PM
If it was the maf I wouldn’t think it would clear up after 5 mins 10$ can get you a can to clean it from super cheep probably worth doing anyway it’s an easy job.

Iceman55
18th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the note about the intro.

Before I changed the Inter Cooler the smoke was black when under load reversing down a hill out of Lorne. Now it is a greyish colour, sometimes a lighter colour but has occasionally been a little darker. It is mainly at start up for a few km but even after driving for 30 minutes plus and idelling I can see it out of my mirrors.

AB
18th April 2012, 09:59 PM
This could be your issue mate with dark/grey smoke...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2357-Smoking-Engine-problem-Fix&highlight=black+smoke

Iceman55
18th April 2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks I will get my Mechanic to check it out.

Iceman55
22nd April 2012, 10:08 PM
My Mechanic had a look at my Turbo on thursday and found it had oil all through it and thus needed to be replaced. It now has more power and is running much better. Thanks to everyone you replied to my thread.

Regards,

Iceman