PDA

View Full Version : Kazakhstan

modustollens
18th April 2012, 08:13 PM
I am a foreign worker living in Kazakhstan. I just bought an old patrol, a 2.8l turbo diesel. I found this forum when I was looking for the user and maintenance manuals. So, not only did I find manuals but also people who know these vehicles well.

My old patrol seems to run fine - but we'll see if it becomes a money pit or not. But it will be nice to have a four-wheel drive truck here for even the city roads are worse than country roads back home in Canada.

I am hoping to, when the bugs are worked out of this old truck and it is cleaned up, to use it to explore the Altai mountains to the east where I am.

Given that it will be super cold here come winter - below -45 - I need to ensure that, by November, all the bugs are worked out and I have made some severe cold preparations.

Thanks!

Modustollens.

growler2058
18th April 2012, 08:19 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

DX grunt
18th April 2012, 08:21 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum.;

Great to have you onboard and feel free to ask any questions. Your truck can become a money pit if you let it.

Ask heaps of questions and when you get to 25 posts, you'll have access to manuals. It's not that hard to clock up 25 posts.

One handy hint is to say "hello" to new members.

Take care out there.

Rossco

boots
18th April 2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome along , gee -45 , to bloody cold for me . if any 4b can run in those temps , it could only be a patrol ! hehe .

AB
18th April 2012, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, that is damn cold thats for sure!!!

Tweakedoffroad
18th April 2012, 10:24 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

Finly Owner
18th April 2012, 10:47 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Modustollens

Tim

Bigrig
18th April 2012, 10:52 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

timbar
19th April 2012, 01:49 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Dhuck
19th April 2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
19th April 2012, 07:53 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate. -45....ahhhh paradise :)

taslucas
19th April 2012, 08:03 AM
Gday mate, welcome aboard. Good luck with the new patrol. It would be awesome to see some photos of 4wding in your area. (kazaakhstan and canada)

modustollens
19th April 2012, 12:22 PM
I hope I end up four wheel driving, and not four wheel pushing! It will take a while to get a feel for the machine and learn all of its quirks, let getting it started in the morning. How will I know if the glow plugs need replaced? That is my first research tac - and how to interpret the glow plug dashlight - mine flashes after starting, sometimes for a while.

MT