PDA

View Full Version : Raw diesel cloudy smoke on a ZD30DDTi

wiseacts
18th April 2012, 06:52 PM
Hello,

I am having a first time problem that happened after having replacing my clutch assembly "clutch disk and flywheel ". My mechanic has moved the engine instead of moving the gearbox claiming it was easier :s

Now what happens is that from time to time a cloud of too much whitish smoke comes out of the exhaust and car looses complete power to the extent that it cannot move. After some 2 to 3 trials of stopping the engine and starting it again the white smoke stops and changes to black for 30 seconds approx. when it gets back to normal.

Can anyone help me to identify the cause and cure!! i am a bit worried now.

Cheers..
Wail.

AB
18th April 2012, 09:51 PM
Have a good read of this thread below and it see if it helps you or not.

If not, come back and let us know mate.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2126-Black-smoke-White-smoke

wiseacts
29th April 2012, 06:45 PM
Thank you AB. I have gone through the thread you posted earlier and did most of what that has been mentioned to fix the problem. I have managed to drain/clean my tank replaced fuel filters, cleaned MAF and primed the car. Frequency of this white smoke coming out has changed to less but yet it happens every couple of days.

Anything in mind that i could be missing... oh yes.. no error codes been detected.

Cheers,
Wail.

BillsGU
1st May 2012, 03:05 PM
Make sure all of your hoses from the turbo to the intercooler and to the engine intake are secure. I have seen them come loose and when you get too much boost (when pulling up hill or accellerating) the hose lifts off and the engine blows smoke.

wiseacts
20th May 2012, 05:20 AM
Thank you guys, problem has been solved after a couple of full tanks.... ^_^