PDA

View Full Version : GU Clutch Problem

Rollo
18th April 2012, 06:09 PM
In Oct 2010 Kostik posted the problems he was having with his clutch pedal which had started to stick, return slowly. He took the car to the mechanics where they changed the master cylinder this did not fix the problem. Then they changed the slave that also did not fix it. Then they changed the booster this did not fix the problem. Then the mechanics thought the problem is the actual clutch and not the hydraulics so they changed the clutch.

I've have had a similar problem when I replaced the clutch with a Safari clutch and solid fly-wheel and it was after this that the problems started. The master and slave cylinders have been replaced and the booster checked but still have varying pressure on the pedal. Sounds very similar to Kostik's problem. Kostik solved his problem as it turned out to be a collapsed hose and posted a picture of the hose. I've had a look at the photo -but not sure where this hose is - is it the one on the slave cylinder? Can anyone advise?
Thanks, Rollo

AB
18th April 2012, 09:56 PM
Someone asked the exact same question in his profile but he has not been here for 12 months now.

Hopefully someone can help you out mate.

Have you had someone watching the fork as you press the clutch pedal to make sure it doesn't jam up and is free and working smooth, etc?

Rollo
21st April 2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks, will give it a go

eddietrx
25th April 2012, 03:30 PM
Check that you have no vacuum leaks and there is plenty of vaccum