PDA

View Full Version : Freighting around car parts

Cameronero
18th April 2012, 01:10 PM
All this buying and selling parts for cars/trucks, its not like youre throwing a diff in some bubble wrap and sending it via Australia post...

Anyone have any good experiences with particular freight companies in terms of service, expense etc.

If you were gonna organise to send some bulky and heavy bits like diffs, engine parts etc, who would you go to and how much would you expect to pay?

Winnie
18th April 2012, 01:20 PM
I've always found TNT to be very good service, no idea on cost though as we use the company account.
I would NEVER use Toll again.

97_gq_lwb
18th April 2012, 01:23 PM
Toll are great if you want it broken whoever you use get the insurance.
I have used
www.smartsend.com.au
They were pretty good.
Or if you want to pay a fortune http://www.packsend.com.au/

AB
18th April 2012, 01:39 PM
Depends who you use and where it is going.

We ship large crates of playgrounds all around Australia and get stung many times by the big guys outsourcing the onforwarders.

Example: Melbourne to say....Cunnamulla, QLD. It may cost only $500 to send it to Brisbane but then get stung and extra $3000 for on forwarding to Cunnamulla.

You can save loads by finding a local guy who does the runs all the time from Bisbane CBD to Cunnamulla so use the big name freighters to go to their depot's in the capital cities and find your little local bloke with a light truck/tray who lives in Cunnamulla and goes home that way all the time or just does those runs only.

Airstrike
18th April 2012, 01:51 PM
TNT will not do anything but account customers. TOLL are a pack of.... and some of the smaller companies to compete with pricing compromise with loose drivers. Over the years sending and receiving 15 to 30 packages a day I used almost all smaller companies. I would use again and do recommend Hunter Express.

Finly Owner
18th April 2012, 11:23 PM
Also try Border Express, Simon National Carrier, StartraK.

Tim