PDA

View Full Version : Gu conrods and pistons into a 94 black top can it be done??

yatesy576
17th April 2012, 09:44 PM
hey guys im just about to start the rebuild on my blacktop turbo and im chasing a bit more punch but i want it to last.i no the gu td42t has lower compression and larger piston pins( to suit turbo) can the rod and pistons be fitted??
cheers

nissannewby
18th April 2012, 11:59 AM
As far as i know they can be but you will have to change the whole setup (conrod and piston). Also im not sure if will have an effect but if it doesnt have squirters then im not sure if this is an appropriate alternative. Size wise it should all fit. I think johnno_90 has just rebuilt his so he may be able to shed some light no this he has a thread in the mechanical section.

johno90
19th April 2012, 08:03 AM
Factory turbo pistons have galleries were the oil squirter actualy fits into then squirts. the standard squirters in the 94 block will be useless. you will need to fit turbo squirters and make sure there aligned perfectly or you will snap or bend them. other then that its pretty much a simple swap of rods and pistons. while your there it would be good practice to replace your liners and fit brand new pistons.