PDA

View Full Version : kimbara

kimbara
15th April 2012, 12:33 PM
Hi all,
I have a problem with water in fuel filter, i have a 2005 patrol GU 1V turbo, the problem is most noticeble when towing my van, malfunction light comes on, so i drain a bit of fuel out of the the filter, guessing any water will drain out first, this fixes the malfunction light , and sometimes fixes the problem with sluggishness , other times and it seems to be more often now the power is just not there,
do i need to drain the fuel tank or someone said if i take the battery lead off and put it back on, this seems to work.

Any suggestions

growler2058
15th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice. Alot of folk dont read the intros mate so chuck your problem up in the gen mechanical thread or GU thread and you should get some ideas

kimbara
15th April 2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for that info, i'm definetly a learner at this, i'll give it i try

growler2058
15th April 2012, 01:16 PM
No worries heres a link for engine and drive train thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?17-Engine-and-Drivetrain or alternitavely at the top of this screen click on forum and look at all the different titles till you think you find one that suits click post new thread and away ya go

Bigrig
15th April 2012, 01:25 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

wildgu6
15th April 2012, 05:59 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Mate
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.
Hope you have some luck with your prob' sorry cant help

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
15th April 2012, 11:12 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Kimbara, I don't know GU's, but, have you tried replacing the fuel filter?

Tim

Maxhead
16th April 2012, 08:40 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
16th April 2012, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

PHT33
16th April 2012, 09:23 PM
G'day and welcome, just joined up also and already looks like a good forum :D

Barrie71
17th April 2012, 12:16 AM
Welcome mate...I am new too.It is a great forum.Heaps of useful info on here and people happy to help out.

Tweakedoffroad
17th April 2012, 12:51 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

timbar
19th April 2012, 10:26 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim