PDA

View Full Version : how to price gu wagon

warey
14th April 2012, 09:28 PM
howdy,
trying to figure out how to put a price on my ex mines gu wagon.
its a 2002 gu dx with 48000 kms 4.2 turbo
had new 2pak paint new 285/75/16 mickey mtrs on new black sunnies with 2 in lift
pretty much all bushes replaced, new steering, suspension and brake components rebuilt or replaced
has exhaust brakes.
im hoping some one has experience with these types of vehicles or can help put a price on it or an offer. thanks for any help

warey
15th April 2012, 09:10 AM
ive had a few inquiries about kms its 48000 not 480000 and wasnt a typo, cheers

growler2058
15th April 2012, 09:14 AM
My folks top of the range push button electronic whiz bang leather etc 2006 td42t 116,000k went for around $42k

Lewy
15th April 2012, 09:51 AM
Only 48k and a mines 4wd wow musn't have done much driving in it lol.. What's the go with the exhaust brakes?.. I paid 42 grand for mine with 95,000 on it. ST-L 4.2 2003

oncedisturbed
15th April 2012, 10:01 AM
paid 40k for my 2009 4.8L ST which was stock except for a dual battery kit

nissannewby
15th April 2012, 10:34 AM
ex mine vehicles never have a lot of k's they only get driven short distances around a mine site but most of these k's are hard. With those k's and that motor i would say 30-33k

Dingo55
15th April 2012, 10:58 AM
My folks top of the range push button electronic whiz bang leather etc 2006 td42t 116,000k went for around $42k

.... and it's a very nice trol too, I sleep with it under my pillow

warey - you don't say how long it was in use in the mines, or which mine for that matter, or how long it's been off the mine site. Point being, I've yet to see an ex-mine vehicle that hasn't suffered some serious rust damage down the track. But assuming it's free of rust, for me it would boil down to what I'd be willing to accept for it. It's age & only 48K km puts it at both ends of the specturm for pricing - maybe start high & drop your price progressively if time is on your side. It's a DX with no fruit, so maybe low 30's?

growler2058
15th April 2012, 11:00 AM

Glad you're enjoying it. Twas to be my inheritence DOH hahahhahahahha

Dingo55
15th April 2012, 11:04 AM
LMAO, next time you're in Brissy give me a call - I'll arrange a drive-by viewing for you but no closer than 100m

growler2058
15th April 2012, 11:37 AM
LMAO, next time you're in Brissy give me a call - I'll arrange a drive-by viewing for you but no closer than 100m

Thanks you're all heart hahahahhahahahaha they didnt even have it long enough for me to sit in it, and now they've bought a grand vitara!!! Dunno whats grand about it tho hahaha

warey
15th April 2012, 12:17 PM
Only 48k and a mines 4wd wow musn't have done much driving in it lol.. What's the go with the exhaust brakes?.. I paid 42 grand for mine with 95,000 on it. ST-L 4.2 2003

no not much driving it was a bosses bus.
its a vaccum operated diaphragm on the exhaust, so when your foots off the accelerator and not clutch the diaphragm closes and forces the gasses out a small oriface in the exhaust pipe its self causing a restriction which slows you down effectively. and its on a switch for when you dont want to use it

warey
15th April 2012, 12:24 PM

warey - you don't say how long it was in use in the mines, or which mine for that matter, or how long it's been off the mine site. Point being, I've yet to see an ex-mine vehicle that hasn't suffered some serious rust damage down the track. But assuming it's free of rust, for me it would boil down to what I'd be willing to accept for it. It's age & only 48K km puts it at both ends of the specturm for pricing - maybe start high & drop your price progressively if time is on your side. It's a DX with no fruit, so maybe low 30's?

it was on a site down here in tas not sure how long for.
its bound to rust thats where my drama is in putting a price on it
as long as the potentional buyer knows of the facts im happy to let it go for a fair price and so far the price i had in my head is reasonble from what you guys are telling me,
thanks for the help and keep it comming
i just dont want to rip some one off

growler2058
15th April 2012, 12:46 PM
it was on a site down here in tas not sure how long for.
its bound to rust thats where my drama is in putting a price on it
as long as the potentional buyer knows of the facts im happy to let it go for a fair price and so far the price i had in my head is reasonble from what you guys are telling me,
thanks for the help and keep it comming
i just dont want to rip some one off

So you dont feel bad Ill swap you for my Q haahhahahahaa

Lewy
15th April 2012, 12:53 PM
no not much driving it was a bosses bus.
its a vaccum operated diaphragm on the exhaust, so when your foots off the accelerator and not clutch the diaphragm closes and forces the gasses out a small oriface in the exhaust pipe its self causing a restriction which slows you down effectively. and its on a switch for when you dont want to use it

Cheers Mate :-) I do no what exhaust brakes are I was just wondering what would be the point in them on a 4wd unless its been towing very heavy loads.. Owwww I no its so all the people who think there driving a truck can use it wherever they go LOL

Cheers Lewy

warey
15th April 2012, 01:00 PM
Cheers Mate :-) I do no what exhaust brakes are I was just wondering what would be the point in them on a 4wd unless its been towing very heavy loads.. Owwww I no its so all the people who think there driving a truck can use it wherever they go LOL

Cheers Lewy
sorry mate miss read you question, its because of the steep gradiant of the roads, to save the brake pads wearing out so quickly

warey
15th April 2012, 01:01 PM
So you dont feel bad Ill swap you for my Q haahhahahahaa

lol im not that worried

warey
15th April 2012, 10:00 PM
have put an ad up in the forsale section with a price i believe is very fair and shouldnt last long, thanks for every ones help

Dingo55
15th April 2012, 11:54 PM
Your inheritence is getting a face lift - cargo barrier, drawers & Kaymar bar fitted yesterday & today, ARB winch bar, warn winch, side rails, rock sliders, new suspension & lift, loom & dual battery wiring upgrade, spoties, 33" rubber & a few other things in the hopper....

Dingo55
15th April 2012, 11:57 PM
nice one warey, I see you mentioned it was ex-mines in your add, hope it sells quickly for you

warey
16th April 2012, 08:34 AM
i figure honesty is the best policy in this case, the low price would draw suspecion anyway