PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Pillar Pod

oncedisturbed
14th April 2012, 06:47 PM
Stumbled across these today on Fleabay, looks like a good alternative to the usual pillar pods unless you happen to be a 2 1/2 foot midget with a flat head and no knees and struggle to see the dash cluster but though I would post it up anyway

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GU-2-Gauge-Column-Mount-52mm-PAINTED-/270950208389?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f15e41385

the ferret
14th April 2012, 07:18 PM
Ohhhhh, Mate, they are just sooooooo G.A.Y.
Cheers, the ferret.

oncedisturbed
14th April 2012, 07:38 PM
true but it is another option :)

the ferret
14th April 2012, 08:20 PM
true but it is another option :)

Ha ha LOL, I think the best option would be for someone with a bit of clue, to copy the pilla pod and sell them at a realistic price that the average Jo Blow can afford.
$50 would be fair.
I have copied number plates over the years lol, so a pillar pod is not rocket science.
What's wrong with fibre glass and paint it ya self?
Cheers, the ferret.

oncedisturbed
14th April 2012, 08:46 PM
I am not that gifted lolol
Not planning on any gauges at this stage but time may change that :)

megatexture
14th April 2012, 11:00 PM
thats where i put my 2 guages but i just used single pods had no issues yet and still looks good , pods would block out less of the factory guages also

nissannewby
14th April 2012, 11:11 PM
With non airbag patrols you could nearly mount them in the steering wheel :P

megatexture
15th April 2012, 01:02 AM
you would get a crook neck trying to read it while turning and considering its illegal to have bare metal in the centre of your steering wheel im sure pigs would love to see glass also haha

im sure someone would have done it though nothing will surprize me these dayshaha