PDA

View Full Version : 4.8 Litre Petrol Engine Management Light

Rocklobster
14th April 2012, 03:55 PM
Just wondering if someone has some advice on an engine management light coming on in an 07 4.8petrol Patrol. It was Nissan serviced at 110 km s . The book indicated a fuel water issue so i replaced the inline filter which was fithy ., but the light is still on . Apart from the light the car runs fine . I was wondering if the filter had set off an error and maybe needed to be reset by a service agent . Any advice appreciated , Thanks to all as this is a great site for information .

Bob
14th April 2012, 04:32 PM
Just wondering if someone has some advice on an engine management light coming on in an 07 4.8petrol Patrol. It was Nissan serviced at 110 km s . The book indicated a fuel water issue so i replaced the inline filter which was fithy ., but the light is still on . Apart from the light the car runs fine . I was wondering if the filter had set off an error and maybe needed to be reset by a service agent . Any advice appreciated , Thanks to all as this is a great site for information .

Try disconnecting the Battery for an Hour and see if that clears the Fault

Clunk
14th April 2012, 06:23 PM
It could be any number of sensors giving the fault. It hasn't happened in my patrol yet but in my old Xtrail the first time was the O2 sensor, second time was camshaft sensor. Sorry I can't be of any more help but I know nuthin........ lol

Rocklobster
15th April 2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks Bob,
Just tried that and still the same . I take it there is only one inline fuel filter so i guess its off to the dealer .