PDA

View Full Version : New Patrol owners

Jbmorley
13th April 2012, 09:41 PM
Hi there everyone

My name is Judy and Hubby is Brett. We are a family of 5 and have just bought not just our first Patrol but our first 4x4. We live in Brisbane (for now) but in about August we are packing up and travelling around Australia. We have 2 boys and a daughter and our two boys have special needs and are having troubles/coping with school so we decided that they will learn more doing hands on than anything else.

Hope i havent gone on too much

Judy

dwrjr
13th April 2012, 09:55 PM
Hi, my boy has been labelled with all kinds of 'disorders', including ADHD and Aspergers. Plus he tested as 'highly gifted'. He loves our 4x4, and when we're driving somewhere muddy, he has not a need in the world. I figure the schools have some learning to do, about how not all kids should sit in a noisy classroom. Your plan sounds like fun to me.

growler2058
13th April 2012, 10:06 PM
G'day Judy welcome aboard as I say a friendly mob here always willing to lend a hand or just advice

Tappin N Crappin

Jbmorley
13th April 2012, 10:08 PM
I know what you mean. my eldest boy has ADHD, Aspergers and a mood disorder and my youngest sons has Autism. They both cant stand alot of noise. My eldest told his class and teacher to F off only about a month ago cause they were way too noisy for him and the stupid school also put him in Chinese and the poor kid has never learnt another language. All children with special needs should never be made to learn another language. We all cant wait to travel.

Jbmorley
13th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Growlers71gq

We have so much to learn about 4x4s and our patrol. Just had it at RACQ today and OMG. there is so much work that needs to be done. The bugger we bought it off totally ripped us off

growler2058
13th April 2012, 10:14 PM
The qld mob here on the forum are very active with trips etc. Find the forum ie electrical, mechanical and fire away you'll get good advice here. Sorry to hear about the bad buy but they are a very tough machine so hopefully the crew here will be able to help you out

Tappin N Crappin

Finly Owner
13th April 2012, 10:17 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Judy, Brett and Family. Where in Brissie?

Tim

Jbmorley
13th April 2012, 10:27 PM
we are in logan city

Jbmorley
13th April 2012, 10:31 PM
Ok Guys

Hubby just asked if anyone knows of a good and reasonable priced serviceman/woman in logan city that could work on the troll. we need to change the gearbox. we are looking at getting a reco one and need someone to put it in for us. also in time we are looking at getting a snorkel, winch and roof rack/basket

Dhuck
14th April 2012, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forum folks. More Loganites. We seem to be growing in this area.

AB
14th April 2012, 09:33 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
14th April 2012, 09:37 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Judy and the gang
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa tappa doo

Tweakedoffroad
14th April 2012, 09:44 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

Bigrig
14th April 2012, 09:56 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Spar
15th April 2012, 04:29 PM
Great to hear, I am sure you and your family will have a wonderful time. Should be a great experience for all involved!

Maxhead
16th April 2012, 08:47 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

bicimundo
16th April 2012, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum,

Cheers,

Carlos