PDA

View Full Version : Fitting provent to a 2.8

Ian2011
12th April 2012, 05:54 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone with a 2.8 GU has fitted a provent catchcan, with my dual batts I am finding it very difficult to find a place to mount that will not require excessive lenghts of hose. Also when fitting, is the hose from the pcv fitted to one end and the other end fitted after the plastic device at the rear of the engine (not sure what the plastic round thing is, maybe a filter/strainer ) or does the plastic device remain in the system when the catchcan is fitted.

Any help appreciated

brucemacca
12th April 2012, 07:58 PM
Ian

Did you buy one on Ebay?
Also drove the Patrol home today, had code 28 (overheated). Gauge did not move on drive home.
Then stopped at TJM in Albury, bastard would not start, have ordered the mod plate from Nissan.

Bruce

Ian2011
12th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Bruce,

Glad you got it home, unlucky about the start issue, I should have kept the plate from mine when I had the new pump fitted, could have given it to you. I bought a Provent 200 on fleabay but did not realise that it would be as big as it is, with th edual battery and associated parts, I am finding it difficult to find a place to mount it. On the upside, got the USB from ecutalk today and finally can talk to the computer in the car, seems to be pretty good for the price. Did you end up getting the car started?