PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Temp on Gauge?

gilly81
12th April 2012, 07:05 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got a Maverick with TB42S, only recently purchased. I'm just a little concerned about the coolant temp gauge, it seems to climb to and sit at about the 1/4 mark or just below. Took it for a decent drive and some offroad work over the weekend and it didn't budge over this mark all day. Is this normal to run so cool or do I need to look at the thermostat/temp sender etc

Cheers
Gilly

BearGUST
12th April 2012, 09:50 AM
If it was mine I'd be happy with that, don't look for an issue...
It may have a different temp thermostat fitted for some reason but 1/4 is much better than 3/4!

johno90
12th April 2012, 10:02 AM
Standard, every patrol ive seen runs at 1/4 on the gauge. I have a second temp sensor in my top hose and it reads the same as the factory one, 1/4 on factory is approx 70C

gilly81
12th April 2012, 11:47 AM
Good to know it's standard. Thanks guys!

taslucas
12th April 2012, 11:50 AM
Mine sits just below half. Rain, hail or shine.

megatexture
12th April 2012, 08:36 PM
If u are concerned you could always put the sender in some boiling water to check if it is working properly keeping the sender earthed. and even use a thermometer so u can see what degrees each lvl on the standard gauge is. just find out some temps from fellars running after market guages to compare with

gilly81
12th April 2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks. Well I left it sitting just above idle for about ten mins and then heard the fan kick in and took a look at the dash and it got up to just under half, so looks like everything is in order and it just runs cool. Fan had it back down at 1/4 in no time. I'm happy with that!

Thanks for the replies.