PDA

View Full Version : Helping recovering someone

Rosco
11th April 2012, 11:39 PM
I heard a story at tonights club meeting about a complaint towards one of our members.
He was recovering some one from the waves on the beach near Robe over Easter.
There were lots of bystanders doing nothing so he hooked up straps and extensions and pulled this guy out just as the waves were lapping at the tyres.
Anyway, one of the do nothing bystanders saw the club sticker on the car and wrote a letter to the club complaining that our club member was not in 4 wheel drive and the tyre pressures were to high. What the?
The guy who was recovered by our member in his GU was grateful. Obviously the bystander was not.

rusty_nail
11th April 2012, 11:43 PM
thats a bit of a cop out mate, some people really do have nothing better to do with their time hey. what a joke

growler2058
11th April 2012, 11:53 PM
How about they offer some advice and or assistance rather than just critisize theyre probably a f@#ktard in all other aspects of their lives too!!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
12th April 2012, 12:32 AM
Is that what that was about? Hmmmmm... Thats a bit crappy!

I cant imagine a competent 4wdriver attempting that kind of recover on a beach in 2wd?? WTF

As you say the recovered vehicle was appreciative so the rest can go and blow bubbles.

I have certainly come across many random and unprepared very stuck vehicles on beaches between Beachport and Robe. I have done that drive a few times Solo and it always frustrates me when i pull up solo next to some bloke with his family in his car stuck to the chassis with no real idea how to get himself out of that situation. Some shovel work and time spent with a proper deflater will generally see most drive straight out of what had been a very stuck situation.

I did that to a guy on a Beach there a couple of years ago, he had been stuck for 2 hours and he drive out 10 minutes after i arrived. Clueless.

megatexture
12th April 2012, 01:04 AM
i went threw a bog hole over the weekend and there were a few cars on the other side of the track and one of the guys informed me i had a flat (dirt in the bead and was goin down slow from previous) then said all my tyres were looking flat .... no $#!t were on a beach track its 90% sand.
i then looked over to his tyres and he must have had 35 psi in them

then later we left the beach and on the side of the road with a pump saw 2 men looking at there car manual looking up what presures to put in ...

as for the letter did it have a return address if so id post back change for a phone call so he can call some1 who gives a f$#k or go to his house and rip up his lawn in 2wd.... some ppl just have to be an ass for the hell of it

Bloodyaussie
12th April 2012, 08:24 AM
It beggars belief ??????
Too much time for nothing.

Maxhead
12th April 2012, 08:44 AM
Unbelievable , nothing better to do with himself obviously. Could of jumped in and help Tosser