PDA

View Full Version : 3lt crd exhaust and ecu mods

eric
11th April 2012, 10:06 PM
Hello readers...I had a stock 3lt wagon 07 model that broke its exhaust up near the manifold , so i had the brainwave and fitted a 3in Beaudesert pipes exhaust , good exhaust but the extra flow causes the turbo to over boost which sends the ecu into limp mode, which happens by towing a boat or climbing a range. Talking to the gooroos thay reckon i need to change the boost thingo and would be beneficial to block the egr pipe , im also going to fit a chip while they are their and have it all dynoed , now is there anything else i need to do or know about this mod so i can put my wallet back in my pocket any info would be good thanks.

boots
11th April 2012, 10:49 PM
Hi eric , just my 2 cents worth - block egr , chip it . see how it goes before you tinker with boost control . the chip should sort it out from what i have read and heard , but if you change your mind on going down the chip it path then boost guage and dawes / needle valve is the go . good luck keep us posted on your progress.

megatexture
12th April 2012, 09:04 PM
Regardless id still do all of the above it’s not a lot of $ for some piece of mind.
Some chips like The Steinbauer Power Module are easily fitted yourself so some $ could be saved there just shop around

eric
12th April 2012, 09:45 PM
well shes booked in at svs in cairns for next Tuesday... will be interesting to see the before and after results from the dyno , hoping to get more low down power keep ya posted :)

Malgreen
14th April 2012, 12:19 PM
hey mate, i would be really interested on what u get done and how much it cost you, i live in cairns too and would love to get some mods done too....
thanx,,
cheers

eric
27th April 2012, 07:49 PM
well i finally got the chip fitted and the difference is unreal , they put a diesel smart chip and an anti det kit with a oil trap canister he wouldnt block the egr valve he rekons it would show up as a fault on the dash . They said a standard 3.0 lt is about 70 rw kw with the Beaudesert exhaust it came in at 81 rw kw but it was over boosting to 20 psi which is unhealthy apparently with the chip it went to 107 rw kw at a steady 17 psi boost that waas on setting 4, on setting 3 it was 91 rw kw and i left it there the majority of the gains are down low for ex at 1750rpm standard was 170 nm torque and on setting 3 came in at 330 nm torque and kw at 1750 was st 30 kw setting 3 is 60 kw so that is double the power . The prise was anti det kit $550 diesel smart chip $1390 fitted and dynoed $1940 the 3in exhaust was $1500 fitted, every thing a bit dearer up here a small prise to pay for living in paradise i will put the dyno results up when one of the kids are around to show me how cheers Eric

megatexture
28th April 2012, 12:17 AM
good to hear mate but not sure how the egr blocking would show up an error code maybe he didnt want to do it for the legalities

wat4
28th April 2012, 12:51 AM
He is right, it will set insufficient egr flow codes if blocked off completely on a crd. Egr blanking plates for crd will have a small hole big enough to allow enough egr not to set these codes.

eric
28th April 2012, 07:59 AM
i still have the blank but it doesn't have a hole in it , what size hole would it need? and i suppose ill have to make a gasket for the other side