PDA

View Full Version : Speaker colour codes for 98 Gu

moonraker
11th April 2012, 02:59 PM
If anyone knows the wire colours for front and rear speakers on my 98 GU would be a great help. Am fitting a new head unit as the clarion original is giving trouble but the speaker wiring does not match the newer white gray green purple series, am fitting a Kenwood CD MP3 USB RCA in etc etc unit, fills the hole nicely.
Many thanks in advance Regards
Chris

Winnie
11th April 2012, 03:00 PM
Just touch wires together until you hear music.

grimace
11th April 2012, 11:19 PM
g'day moonraker the rear speaker wire colours are as follows: BLACK WITH PINK trace line is the negative, ORANGE is positive (LHR from stereo is BLACK WITH YELLOW line, RHR is BLACK WITH PINK line)
LHF FROM STEREO IS BLACK WITH WHITE LINE (negative) LIGHT BROWN (positive) RHF BLACK WITH RED LINE (negative) LIGHT BROWN POSITIVE
this is how i read it in my repair manual, hope this helps cheers......

rusty_nail
11th April 2012, 11:23 PM
hey mate, another suggestion would be to get a music player(ipod etc) with a stereo cable attached, cut off the other end, then go through the wires till you hear sound and mark the appropriate speaker. its what i did, and it might help you if the speaker colours in your car are different

45/70
12th April 2012, 10:56 AM
If anyone knows the wire colours for front and rear speakers on my 98 GU would be a great help. Am fitting a new head unit as the clarion original is giving trouble but the speaker wiring does not match the newer white gray green purple series, am fitting a Kenwood CD MP3 USB RCA in etc etc unit, fills the hole nicely.
Many thanks in advance Regards
Chris

Sounds like you need one of these moonraker.

http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-Nissan-Wiring-Harness-95-Onwards-p/ap7550.htm