PDA

View Full Version : GQ Carby Problems

haurp00ned
11th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Hi There,

My carby has been stuffing up lately, Its a 1989 petrol only

It has been fine but then has just decided to die.
What it is doing is that it is not starting unless you choke it (hand or rag over the carby till it starts) but if you don't keep revs on it, it will just die. Another reason I think that it is the idle jet is because there is no fuel getting squirted into the carby when you hit the accelerator

I have a feeling that it is just the idle jet but I am not sure on how to clean it.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be or if they knew how to clean and check the idle jet.

Thanks
Justin

Rosco
11th April 2012, 03:39 PM
Take a look at this.

haurp00ned
11th April 2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks mate, i had a look at it but it didn't help to much, I know where it look now, but I am more after a way of checking and cleaning it.

Rosco
11th April 2012, 04:19 PM
try this then.

Rosco
11th April 2012, 04:21 PM
you will need to pull it apart to clean it

haurp00ned
12th April 2012, 09:35 AM
thanks, that should help me a lot, ill try it this weekend and let you know how it goes

Barrie71
17th April 2012, 12:38 AM
thanks, that should help me a lot, ill try it this weekend and let you know how it goes
How did it go mate??? Any luck??

haurp00ned
17th April 2012, 11:04 AM
How did it go mate??? Any luck??

yesterday I pulled the carby apart and found that the accelerator pump was completely destroyed, there was mud built up in the float and had become rusted, there was also dirt inside the jets. It was a complete mess, so it's time for a new carby haha