PDA

View Full Version : Rotor trubbel

juggalowkev
10th April 2012, 07:46 PM
Im trying to replace my F/R/H wheel bearing and cant get some of the alan key bolts out of the hub locking bit on the hub any sugestions

growler2058
10th April 2012, 07:52 PM
Make sure you have the right size allen key then hit firmly with a rubber mallet. My allen keys are quite long so i get a good strike on it. Or you could use a bit of steel tube or ring spanner to get a bit more leverage on it just go easy that ya dont snap em

NissanGQ4.2
10th April 2012, 07:59 PM
Im trying to replace my F/R/H wheel bearing and cant get some of the alan key bolts out of the hub locking bit on the hub any sugestions

Hi mate, please drop past the introduction thread found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

And post up a little bit about yourself and your rig.

Cheers

Todd

juggalowkev
10th April 2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah is hard to get a good hit on it might get an impact driver onto it i think

johno90
11th April 2012, 07:59 AM
they do tend to seize in there, enough force will move them I've done rattle gun on them before. just make sure when you install them smear a slight bit of copper anti seize grease on the threads.

GeeCee
11th April 2012, 08:32 AM
When I did mine the first time, I had similar issues.
I got a allen key with a 1/2" socket adapter attached to it. I ended up cutting the allen key length down to something like 25mm as the torque was twisting the long length of the original key.

bar1135
11th April 2012, 03:11 PM
Use an impact driver to break the seal.

Finly Owner
11th April 2012, 10:32 PM
Copper anti-sieze in that situation? Would it not be better to use Nickel anti-seize there? Copper work hardens........ lot of hits, bouncing, vibration (working) in that application. By work hardening, it may be just as harmful as none.

Just a novices" knowledge, fromwhat I've learnt with something like the hub, should be nickel as it won't work harden.

Tim

johno90
12th April 2012, 10:00 AM
All i use at work is copper anti and have never had a problem, if its good enough to be manafacture recomended its good enough for me. But as stated nickel can also be used. copper can also cause less wear over time on components then nickel.