PDA

View Full Version : Best way to mount a side awning

Stropp
8th April 2012, 01:52 PM
Guys I took advantage of the sale yesterday at super cheap and bought a side awning, what is the best way to mount it up, it has an L shaped bracket to mount it to the roof rack ( outlander) but do I use U clamps onthe frame or drill holes in the roof rack uprights? Any help would be appreciated thanks Stropp

Bigrig
8th April 2012, 01:58 PM
Drill and bolt it on for my two cents mate ... I have racks and awning coming and will be doing the same ...

That said, like you I'm more than open to suggestion on better methods of mounting.

the evil twin
8th April 2012, 04:04 PM
I'm with Bigrig... Drill and bolt

Rosco
8th April 2012, 06:27 PM
I chose to clamp it on as I can take it off when I don't need it or swap it from side to side if I desire. It depends on what type of rack you have also. I made the bracket go over the rack so it holds the awning until I get the bolts in. I can swap it from side to side in about 10 minutes.

oncedisturbed
8th April 2012, 06:31 PM
Will also depend on the racks. Rhino do a T bolt awning bracket for $25 that slots straight into all the channel style roof racks. Depending on the racks again, ARB have a universal mount x 3 brackets rhat slip between the arms and the roof rack itself for $100. Try to avoid drilling etc except as a last resort.

Airstrike
8th April 2012, 08:35 PM
Yep holes though side of racks feet and bolt in.