PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem ?

mitchelljames
8th April 2012, 01:25 PM
HI all i have 2008 3l dx gu patrol , it started sucking air in the fuel line , the issue was the hand prime pump, it seems the internals in the pump had shot off down the fuel line, when my mechanic ordered a new one from nissan he told him this was a common problem .. anyone else heard of this ?

jimi-james
10th April 2012, 01:06 PM
Hi Mate,

I'm new to the forums but I am currently having the same problem with the same model vehicle
(2008 3.0ltr Common Rail) and was told the same thing by one of the staff at the nissan dealership. I have also replaced the fuel primer pump along with all the clamps around it, but I am still getting intermitent issues i.e some times it is hard to start or it is like it keeps getting an airlock and will sometimes stall, which then means I have to prime it again before it will start... I am at a loss as to where the air could be geting in as I have checked the lines and they are in tact, but it has been suggested to me that the injector pump could be on its way out. If anyone has any experience with this it would much appreciated.

Regards,

James.

growler2058
10th April 2012, 01:22 PM
G'day James welcome aboard jump over to the intro thread mate and tell us a bit about you n your rig mate

Tappin N Crappin

johno90
11th April 2012, 07:53 AM
id take another look at your lines, they don't have to be leaking for them to suck air. look at areas near the ends twist them and bend them looking for cracks. pressure up the lines with a compressor and check for any air leaking. a pin prick hole will cause exactly what your saying.

mitchelljames
29th April 2012, 01:32 PM
hey jimi how did you get on with your issue ?

jimi-james
1st May 2012, 12:10 PM
Yea sorry for not checking back for so long. The car has been taken to a mechanic and from a lot of testing inc. checking fault codes to hooking up external fuel sources, checking all the lines for pressure along with those spill lines and a few others I've forgotten to mention, it is looking like the injector pump is stuffed. There is one more test that the mechanic wants to check, the out put pressure from the pump and if that turns out bad then we will start on replacing the pump. Does anyone have any idea of how much a replacment pump is or what it costs to get a pump reconditioned?

taslucas
1st May 2012, 01:14 PM
. Does anyone have any idea of how much a replacment pump is or what it costs to get a pump reconditioned?

Are you sitting down? ......

Tap, crackle, pop

mitchelljames
5th May 2012, 02:32 PM
Jimi thats no good at all ... i have heard of them costing anywhere up to $4000 try and get as many quotes at possible , best of luck mate .....Mine is almost fixed but its cost me a small fortune