PDA

View Full Version : Gq / n/a sd33

ipatrol26
7th April 2012, 11:28 PM
Hellos,

I have a maybe simple question and again maybe stupid

Will a N/A SD33 in a 1992 GQ work, will it move it ??????

1. Forget about all the mods that need to be done because they are done already and the SD33 along with its 5 speed K160 tranny and transfer is in the GQ already (No turning back).

2. How about adding a turbo to the N/A SD33, will it handle it and was the SD33 N/A built to handle a turbo if added to it ?????

3. Can some tell me which other engine will work perfect or better on my GQ, maybe a V8.......I don't know but I would love to get the original TD42 but its like finding a needle in a sea of hay and besides I don't have the money for that right now so that's why I am doing this conversion because is the only engine that I have available.

Thanks.

the ferret
8th April 2012, 01:51 AM
Hellos,

I have a maybe simple question and again maybe stupid

Will a N/A SD33 in a 1992 GQ work, will it move it ??????

1. Forget about all the mods that need to be done because they are done already and the SD33 along with its 5 speed K160 tranny and transfer is in the GQ already (No turning back).

2. How about adding a turbo to the N/A SD33, will it handle it and was the SD33 N/A built to handle a turbo if added to it ?????

3. Can some tell me which other engine will work perfect or better on my GQ, maybe a V8.......I don't know but I would love to get the original TD42 but its like finding a needle in a sea of hay and besides I don't have the money for that right now so that's why I am doing this conversion because is the only engine that I have available.

Thanks.
Mate, let me tell ya,
There is no reason why you can't fit an SD33 into your GQ.I have one in my boat hooked up to a volvo penta sterndrive.
You may have an issue with the rear drive line as the sd33 box is off set and the GQ is not
I would certainly be looking for an SD33t and 5speed box, still same issue with the centre mounted diff and the offset gear box.
The SD 33 turbo or not is a fine and strong engine altho getting old.
I have a 98 GU 2.8 and when it dies, I will be fitting an SD33t and box.
The sd33na can be fitted with a turbo, however the ring setup on the pistons is different as well as other systems, they weren't built to take a turbo'
Turbo ing an old sd33na is not a great idea, you will blow the bottom end.
This is only my opinion.
Cheers, the ferret.

ipatrol26
8th April 2012, 02:11 AM
That's the kind of advise I am looking for mate and thank you very much. Now out of the conversations so you know any body that sells SD33 turbo engines and have it shipped to my country (Panama) and how much would it be ????.

Can you find out for me please if you don't mind since you're in the NISSAN PATROL COUNTRY.

Thanks.

the ferret
8th April 2012, 10:28 AM
Mate, I wouldn't have a clue where to find one these days, but you could put an add in the wanted section.
It might be good also to buy a complete vehicle over there and you would have most of the parts you will need to do the conversion.
Ya never know, someone on here may have a motor, shipping would be expensive.
Cheers, the ferret.