PDA

View Full Version : GQ Boost and EGT Sensors

reactbob
6th April 2012, 12:47 AM
Hi,
I have just ordered 2 digital gauges with alarms from Auberins in the USA 1 for boost and 1 for EGT. could anyone tell me the optimum places to put the sensors ie on dump pipe or exhaust pipe. I am trying to save my new 2.8 Head.

Regards Bob

the ferret
6th April 2012, 01:11 AM
Boost sensor on inlet side of intercooler, PYRO about 50mm from turbo on dump pipe.
Cheers, the ferret.

reactbob
6th April 2012, 01:23 AM
Hi ferret I don't have an intercooler on mine, there is a small vacuum pipe about 6 mm in dia with a t piece going to the wastgate vacuum controller and the other one is going to the injector pump do you reckon it would be all right there.

Regards Bob

the ferret
6th April 2012, 10:41 AM
Hi ferret I don't have an intercooler on mine, there is a small vacuum pipe about 6 mm in dia with a t piece going to the wastgate vacuum controller and the other one is going to the injector pump do you reckon it would be all right there.

Regards Bob

Hi Bob, not sure on that one mate, but I would say the hose going to the injector pump if you can't fit it between the turbo and throttle body.
After all it is to monitor the boost pressure going into the inlet manifold.
If your's is the non intercooled 2.8, then it should have a boost blowoff at the very front of the inlet manifold anyway.
Try it with a ''T" piece in the injector pump hose first.
Cheers, the ferret.
PS. found this on another site.
"You need to find the actuator on the turbo, do a quick google image search for turbo actuators so you know what it looks like.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Boost20Control.jpg

Once you have found it there will be a small diameter hoe connected to it just follow that line until you find a nice spot away from the turbo heat to put in your T piece"

reactbob
6th April 2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info, well I just discovered that I don't have a blow off valve there is just a plug glued in there, will have to fix that.

MC97GQ
8th April 2012, 10:12 AM
reactbob,

Here is a thread about this, it might be of some use to you,

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?9564-Installing-a-Boost-and-Pyro-Gauge

Regards

Mark