PDA

View Full Version : New Maverick Owner in Brisbane

gilly81
5th April 2012, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Great forum you've got going on here. I've been a member of car clubs and run online forums for years and I know how important it is to get the right bunch of guys together to make the place work - you guys seem to have that under control and the d1ckheads seem to be elsewhere, so looks like I'll be here for a while!

I've just recently picked up a GQ shape Maverick with TB42 which has only done 157k and is in great condition. It's got a 2 inch lift, Warn winch and steel bar up front. 15" alloys and 31's. Extractors and a decent exhaust. Appears to have had an easy life and drives really well. I'm looking forward to getting it offroad but I've got limited offroad experience, so I'll be looking to try some of the easier tracks around the place as I get a feel for it all.

After reading your safety section I've just picked up a decent Warn recovery kit and fitted some load rated hooks to the chassis rails up front which I'll use with an equalizing strap, and picked up one of those towbar recovery points to take care of the back.

Any suggestions as to where to start getting it dirty around Brisbane would be appreciated.

cheers
Gilly.

Dhuck
5th April 2012, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

ozzyboy
5th April 2012, 06:55 PM
welcome to the forum mate.
There are a lot of us from around Brisbane. Be sure to keep an eye out here, there are a lot of outings organised all the time.

gilly81
5th April 2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys - you're not far from me, I'm in Daisy Hill

Bigrig
5th April 2012, 10:30 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Mwalker74
5th April 2012, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the forum

BlackOIL
7th April 2012, 01:15 AM
nice wolf with sheeps clothing you have there..... Welcome to the forum buddy

justdave
8th April 2012, 10:37 AM
Hello from another new guy :D

growler2058
9th April 2012, 02:59 PM
G’day mate welcome aboard, gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Maxhead
9th April 2012, 03:50 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

timbar
10th April 2012, 02:42 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

wildgu6
10th April 2012, 07:49 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Mate
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

AB
10th April 2012, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Finly Owner
11th April 2012, 11:10 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Gilly

Tim

rusty_nail
11th April 2012, 11:11 PM
g'day mate, welcome to the forum. hope ya enjoy your stay and find the site useful!

Tweakedoffroad
12th April 2012, 12:22 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

gilly81
12th April 2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll get some pics up of the rig one of these days!

PHT33
16th April 2012, 09:33 PM
G'day and welcome, just joined up also and already looks like a good forum :D