PDA

View Full Version : Fav game console when yous' was kids !!

LittleJohn
5th April 2012, 12:27 AM
I miss me commodore 64 !! and that tape deck LOL's

so what was your fav console for games growin up??

Clunk
5th April 2012, 12:47 AM
Oh you lucky beggar, I had the choice of a Sinclair ZX81 - supposedly the first ever personal home computer, came with a massive 1k of built in ram and a state of the art touch keypad but later I managed to get a full size keyboard and 64k of external ram. Used to spend hours typing in programs or trying to load games from tapes only for them to crash just as they were about to load or not work at all. The other choice was the tv tennis game, spent hours just batting that little pixelated ball back and forth.......... Oh happy days they were lmfao

97_gq_lwb
5th April 2012, 07:27 AM
We had a hanimex stick game with tennis and a gun and target shooting thing where you had to shoot a big square that moved around lol.
Then the atari 2600 .
I do remember the commodore 64 my mate had one what a pain waiting for them tapes to play then if it crashed you had to start all over again .

taslucas
5th April 2012, 07:40 AM
We had a hanimex stick game with tennis and a gun and target shooting thing where you had to shoot a big square that moved around lol.
Then the atari 2600 wich.
I do remember the commodore 64 my mate had one what a pain waiting for them tapes to play then if it crashed you had to start all over again .

Ha, i just found one of those hanimax games under my brothers house the other day. I stole it from him and as soon asd i find a power cord for it, it is on!! lol

I think the question is pretty much "how old are you?"

My first was the Atari ST PC but my favourite was/is the SNES, i still get it out every now and then:)

theres not enough choices! Nintendo has 4 consoles, Sega has 2, oh and what about the ol' Amstrad? lol you've got me going now!!

97_gq_lwb
5th April 2012, 07:44 AM
I am almost 40 lol couple of years to go
I remember their was a dick smith vic 20 computer getting about back then as well.

growler2058
5th April 2012, 07:50 AM
Am 40 remember colecovision and intellivision. And the first donkey kong hahahahahaha

Tappin N Crappin

97_gq_lwb
5th April 2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah i had a small hand held popeye game thing like the donkey kong only single screen.

Rusty86
5th April 2012, 07:56 AM
SEGA all the way! I even have a PS3 compilation now of all the best Sega games !!

NissanGQ4.2
5th April 2012, 08:57 AM
Commodore 64 and Commodore 128

Got to love that tape drive on the C64 *L*

I would put money that my old man still has the C64 and C128 in his shed somewhere, he is a hoarder of junk!

White Elephant
5th April 2012, 11:25 AM
Atari 2600 for a lot of years! Frogger and Space invaders! Old school! lol! We did have a Commodore 64 too, but that was more a "work" computer so we didn't really get to play games on that one.

gec
5th April 2012, 12:55 PM
My favorite game console when I was a kid was Squatter,Monopoly and Cluedo, I didnt like Snakes and Ladders much. OOOH OOOH OOOH, Operation, I also liked Operation, That was flash, it had battery's, it was great till we lost the tweezers.
:smileyvault-cute-bi

Clunk
5th April 2012, 11:13 PM
My favourite was a piece of paper

45/70
6th April 2012, 08:46 AM
We were that poor we couldnt afford a game console.
The old lady used to cut a hole in my pocket so I had something to play with.:smileyvault-cute-bi

Clunk
6th April 2012, 09:45 AM
We were that poor we couldnt afford a game console.
The old lady used to cut a hole in my pocket so I had something to play with.:smileyvault-cute-bi

Couldn't have been that poor if you had pockets. I had to tie a string between two tin cans I found and hang them over me shoulder if I wanted pockets

LittleJohn
6th April 2012, 09:47 AM
bahahahahahahahha

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Malgreen
6th April 2012, 10:44 AM
Geez,, showing our ages now,,,, TSR80 was the first pc that my school had, we had to program it our self's if we wanted to play a game,,, i could write a very basic version of space invaders,,
but i did spend alot of coin at the game parlor...

cairnsGU
10th April 2012, 06:49 PM
I loved ALTERNATE BEAST on my sega..

MQ MAD
10th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Being from the generation who used to skip classes at skool to play arcade machines at the local fish n chip joint
I bought any new fad console machine that has been released in the last 20 odd years have boxes and boxes of the stuff
Nothin beats a good ol fashioned arcade machines,sit down or stand up

Theres a stand up arcade machine in the man cave,most played machine in the place
Funny thing is its worth alot more than the WII cost with all the fruit

trekster
21st February 2013, 09:42 PM
I'm bringing this thread back!

In 1995 when I was 12, we bought our very 1st pc with an intel 133mhz processor, 16mb of ram and a 1.4gb hdd.

I then discovered this game, and spent many many hours playing it. Rock fantasy was my choice of table for the awesome music that accompanied it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbU02r6obHw

Also my 1st ever exposure to fifa! Fifa96 was the best because you could turn off red cards then elbow and push over as many players as you liked and injure them xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mlQKVJFu_4

Commodore 64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQQlQl2G40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ORMf6SjTc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZ2NmKNDZE

BigRAWesty
21st February 2013, 10:05 PM
Sega megadrive.. 64bit... Still play it from time to time..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Alitis007
21st February 2013, 10:36 PM
Nice find Trekster!

ATM its PS3 but as a kid i think it was NES but i did have a good run with the first play station with a chip in it to play the pirated games lol

Alitis007
21st February 2013, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=trekster;336257]

Also my 1st ever exposure to fifa! Fifa96 was the best because you could turn off red cards then elbow and push over as many players as you liked and injure them xD

Did you ever play Red card on PS2?? Mate you could fly kick the other players and take matrix style shots for goal!!

Alitis007
21st February 2013, 10:53 PM
heres some game footage lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhumOrCYK7g
the most action packed soccer game you will ever play hahaha

trekster
21st February 2013, 11:05 PM
Did you ever play Red card on PS2?? Mate you could fly kick the other players and take matrix style shots for goal!!

Heard of it but never got the chance to play it!

macca86
21st February 2013, 11:18 PM
I started with Atari 2600 while next door had a commodore. Then went to nes had mario 1 & 3 duck hunt haunted mansion and stealth fighter game then moved on to saga mega drive then all 3 play stations in order of make. As cool as modern games graphics and gameplay is they will never be better than original sonic mario and side strollers like golden axe streets of rage double dragon and battle toads

Alitis007
21st February 2013, 11:26 PM
I started with Atari 2600 while next door had a commodore. Then went to nes had mario 1 & 3 duck hunt haunted mansion and stealth fighter game then moved on to saga mega drive then all 3 play stations in order of make. As cool as modern games graphics and gameplay is they will never be better than original sonic mario and side strollers like golden axe streets of rage double dragon and battle toads

Dude the games you just mentioned have brought back memories of me, my brother and my cousins punching on over who's turn it was or who was playing who lol

ova50
22nd February 2013, 12:45 AM
I dont even think the words "Game Console" was invented. Sure there was game, and there was console , but not the two of them next to each other.

Would a 24 set of Derwent coloured pensils be classed as a consul????.

As an adult, use to get into playing the sony with our kids. My forte' was Taxi driver, it was the only game I could beat our sons at, and rub it in.

They didnt want to play Taxi Driver anymore.

mudski
22nd February 2013, 09:31 AM
You forgot the best ever! Tandy TRS80! Not really a console but that what I had. Now, I have an old Sega Megadrive with one game, Psycho Pinball. Also a Wii and an Xbox. Well the kids do and they never get used!!! As for gaming, I'm still a kid as I have my pc I built for playing Battlefield 3 online on my 30inch Dell U3011 screen.

Alitis007
22nd February 2013, 09:52 AM
TETRIS on the Gameboy, i asked some relos kids what game they where playing on their gameboy they looked at me like WTF are you talking about untill i said Nintendo DS haha.

How bout going to movie marathons at the pictures and challenging your mates at Daytona but thats more arcade!!

growler2058
22nd February 2013, 09:55 AM
Intelevision

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

nickpeacock36
22nd February 2013, 10:18 AM
I had an atari complete with fake wood finish. Fave game was space invaders. They were selling the table style pub machines in Chermside a couple of weeks ago with all the old games installed. Just need a man cave to put one in now:-)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

TPC
22nd February 2013, 10:29 AM
I dont even think the words "Game Console" was invented. Sure there was game, and there was console , but not the two of them next to each other.

Would a 24 set of Derwent coloured pensils be classed as a consul????.

As an adult, use to get into playing the sony with our kids. My forte' was Taxi driver, it was the only game I could beat our sons at, and rub it in.

They didnt want to play Taxi Driver anymore.
I'm with you, no such thing as game consol when I was a kid.
I used to play Mario Cart with my kids, could beat them at first but they got to good so I stopped playing.

ozzymalone
22nd February 2013, 11:20 AM
Was never allowed a console as a young tacker but have fond memories playing Altered Beast & California Games on the Mega Drive. As soon as I was old enough though I bought my playstation 1 and have never looked back.....My love of games has been etched from my parents unwillingness to let me have a grasp on technology.

Winnie
22nd February 2013, 11:30 AM
Game boy and Nintendo 64 were the best...

macca86
22nd February 2013, 12:51 PM
Dream cast was the most under rated console was years ahead of its time could do everything a PS 2 and x box could do but came out at playstation 1 era. If only the changed the software to allow DVDs we'd still have Sega as a console maker

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm with ova50 my bag of marbles was my weapon of choice.
or find a stick to float down the creek, wild Aniseed stems made good spears.
No wonder I know nothing about Pooters, game console nah, snakes & ladders yeah

Lonicus
22nd February 2013, 01:25 PM
Surfboard and a beach. Closest thing to a game console that existed when I was at school was a slide rule :)

taslucas
22nd February 2013, 01:30 PM
Started on the NES. Never had one but played a mates.
Got a SNES and loved Mario all-stars and good old Zelda, but the best ever SNES game was donkey Kong country 1. That game is awesome.
Then got an Xbox, lylat wars and golden eye 007 were awesome but then came Mario kart 64 and that would have to be my all time favourite.
Got a Wii a few years ago but don't play it much. It has that Wii fit board and that's a bit of fun. It's fun smashing my girlfriend at tennis and doing the Leyton Hewitt hand pointed ti face thing lol, Also got the latest donkey Kong on the Wii it's fun but geez the games seem heaps harder now??

FanTapstic!

Sir Roofy
22nd February 2013, 01:33 PM
The only rams i knew were in the paddock and fishing in the creek
hopless with computers the best i can do is put the odd pic up

taslucas
22nd February 2013, 01:35 PM
The only rams i knew were in the paddock and fishing in the creek
hopless with computers the best i can do is put the odd pic up

Your right, some of those pics are odd
Lmao

FanTapstic!

Drewboyaus
22nd February 2013, 06:25 PM
Galaxian on Atari 2600 and Donkey Kong on Nintendo Game and Watch (I still have a few of them).
Commodore 64 was pretty big at our place too later on.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 06:35 PM
@ ova50 you came from a priviledged back ground with the 24 Derwent set,
remember young girl up the road had the 72 set Phew,
Not me I had hand me down Columbia coloured pencils
Did however master nintendo and get the Princess with over 20 lives to spare

stevogq
22nd February 2013, 07:17 PM
I had a PC with dos os and used to play duke nukem and had 20 floppy discs to install it and also a hand me down pong but now if I open dos I don't know what to type, I knew every command when I was 12, its amazing what you forget after 17 yrs

1 yr ago I bought a Xbox and no it isn't a 360
Played halo clocked it and packed it up
cheers stevo.

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 07:47 PM
see thats where I lose it, you say I clocked it I say WT, even my sons say it clocked it,, Clocked what
Mean't a different think when I was younger,,,,Oh shite I'm getting old but never gunna grow up lol

stevogq
22nd February 2013, 08:09 PM
Completed the game
cheers stevo.

Alitis007
22nd February 2013, 09:17 PM
see thats where I lose it, you say I clocked it I say WT, even my sons say it clocked it,, Clocked what
Mean't a different think when I was younger,,,,Oh shite I'm getting old but never gunna grow up lol

Depends how you put it TD like i CLOCKED him ( obviously decked him)
Take the car off the clock ( speedo cant go anymore) and clocked the game ( is just like the speedo cant go any further)

Hows that mate?? Get it now??

Drewboyaus
22nd February 2013, 09:24 PM

Clocked it TD.....
My vision is of the counter getting around to 999,999 or something and re-setting to zero.....

stevogq
22nd February 2013, 09:33 PM
Clocked it TD.....
My vision is of the counter getting around to 999,999 or something and re-setting to zero.....

now thats what im talking about!!

Alitis007
22nd February 2013, 09:50 PM
Clocked it TD.....

My '76 celica only goes to 99,999 and clocks over lol its been sitting at around 45,000 for the last 12 years lol