PDA

View Full Version : Intro to who is oilrig6, I've just joined Nissan Patrol web site

oilrig6
21st September 2010, 05:13 AM
wish I could say I was the Stig but I'm not so here goes a quick intro to who I am so I'm not just oilrig6.

I was in British Armed Forces from young age and was lucky enough to be trained at college by the Army in mechanics and hydraulics. At 16 I could already rebuild a john deer straight 6 on my old mans farm so I had to follow the dream. And who better to pay for that then military. After leaving the army at 21 I was offered a job as hydraulics tech and diesel guru in the middle east. After few year's I was offered a job by leading oil and gas company and remained in Dubai for 12 years and thats were my passion for off road driving was born from the empty plains of the empty quarter to desert night drives I became a full time addict. From there I moved on to work for large oil and gas service company as mechanical supervisor. After grinding away for year's in the desert and on semi and serious deep water jack ups I moved on to international mechanical superintendent. So all that means is I get to fly by Emirates or by helicopter to problems rather then drive. I'm based in west africa on a 28 - 28 rotation but happily live in the Philippines with my wife and two children. My entire family have been into 4x4 driving since the early days in the middle east so kinda in our blood. We are serious Patrol lovers and more so my 9 year old daughter and 5 year old son who I hope will carry on the 4x4 thing. So thats my intro and thanks for making me feel welcome here. I make a few posts here and there when we get down time.

regards, Dan - AKA oilrig6

oilrig6
21st September 2010, 05:14 AM
I currently own a 2009 Nissan Patrol Super Safari

AB
21st September 2010, 08:40 AM
Great intro Dan and great story!

Welcome to the forum mate!