PDA

View Full Version : Chances?

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 08:37 PM
What do you guys think my chances are of finding a Diesel GQ LWB, fairly stock, for 8ish?

growler2058
3rd April 2012, 08:45 PM
Mate got my Pov Pak GQ td42 for 3k so for 8 i rekon youll get a nice one

growler2058
3rd April 2012, 08:49 PM
Check for Mavericks also mate they tend to go a bit cheaper

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 08:54 PM
Ah fair enough, thanks mate. Just making sure i wasn't chasing something that wasn't out there. haha

johno90
3rd April 2012, 08:59 PM
i just got a diesel lwb factory auto, central locking etc, rebuilt pump and new injecters plus a few things with 200,000kms for 8K

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah everything i seem to be finding is either auto, petrol, or a 2.8, i'm picky. haha

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 09:07 PM
Not really in a rush though, still sorting out finances haha, so hopefully i'll source one in the next few months.

growler2058
3rd April 2012, 09:15 PM
Not really in a rush though, still sorting out finances haha, so hopefully i'll source one in the next few months.

Pays to look out of your state as well. taslucas always seems to be finding bargains down tassie way.

Took me a 4 months to find mine and AB was looking for a while till he found the perfect troll

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah i'd rather look around for a while than buy one i'm not completely happy with. Regularly daily stroll through the sites is a fun bit of time anyway haha.

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 09:51 PM
Also, in place of starting another thread, Are there any main differences between the 4.2TD And the 2.8TD? I'm leaning towards the 4.2, but only because thats the only thing i've really seen.
Cheers.

growler2058
3rd April 2012, 10:02 PM
The td42 is renowned as being near on bullet proof but like any diesel they must have their oil n filters changed regularly (5000km).

Tappin N Crappin

taslucas
3rd April 2012, 10:22 PM
Ah fair enough, thanks mate. Just making sure i wasn't chasing something that wasn't out there. haha

hey mate, this might be a bit far away but they're out there:)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wilmot/cars/nissan-gq-patrol-diesel/1000829285

taslucas
3rd April 2012, 10:24 PM
Pays to look out of your state as well. taslucas always seems to be finding bargains down tassie way.

Took me a 4 months to find mine and AB was looking for a while till he found the perfect troll

lol just saw this post

Brendan56
3rd April 2012, 10:31 PM
Nowhere is too far away if the car fits ;) haha. Though i think tassie is my limit.
Got family in burnie so i'm sure i can convince them to help me out.
Hoping to find something that hasn't been so solidly used though. :p it always worries me when looking at 4x4s

johno90
4th April 2012, 07:42 PM
4.2td and 2.8td are to EXTREMLY different motors, people have their opinions but the 2.8 is a pile a rubbish imo. gutless and unreliable.

the ferret
4th April 2012, 08:21 PM
Go for the 4.2 mate, strong as.
Cheers, the ferret.

taslucas
4th April 2012, 08:24 PM
Go for the 4.2 mate, strong as.
Cheers, the ferret.

thats one less customer for your blocking plates!! lol.

the ferret
4th April 2012, 08:34 PM
thats one less customer for your blocking plates!! lol.

Ohhh no, they are popular for the 4.2td as well mate. and the easiest to fit, no other mods, just the EGR block.
Cheers, the ferret.

taslucas
4th April 2012, 09:17 PM
Ohhh no, they are popular for the 4.2td as well mate. and the easiest to fit, no other mods, just the EGR block.
Cheers, the ferret.

ah cool i was unaware of that.

the ferret
4th April 2012, 09:36 PM
ah cool i was unaware of that.

Yeah, the 4.2 and 2.8s don't need any other bizzo's except maybe catch can to keep the MAF clean and inlet clean.
Blocking the EGR on these two motors lets the turbo spool up about 300rpm earlier.
The carbon from the EGR and the oil vapour from the PCV, clogs the inlet manifold, same as any other motor with EGR.
Cheers, the ferret.

Brendan56
7th April 2012, 10:57 AM
All of that just went straight over my head. haha

Ben-e-boy
7th April 2012, 11:11 AM
All of that just went straight over my head. haha

dont worry mate your looking for a gq, dosnt have any emission sh!t

MQ MAD
7th April 2012, 01:10 PM
What do you guys think my chances are of finding a Diesel GQ LWB, fairly stock, for 8ish?

What youll end up paying will determine on many things,
The year of manufacture
The Ks
The overall condition , is it straight and clean , nice paint, come with rego and a RWC stuff like that

A GQ diesel or just a good GQ is in high demand , and theres people on the hunt all the time for that elusive bargain
The demand farout weighs the so called bargains
Get your cash sorted and in your pocket ready to buy,theres plenty out there with money and cant seem to find an immaculate low K well presented GQ for minmal bucks

Ben-e-boy
7th April 2012, 01:34 PM
What youll end up paying will determine on many things,
The year of manufacture
The Ks
The overall condition , is it straight and clean , nice paint, come with rego and a RWC stuff like that

A GQ diesel or just a good GQ is in high demand , and theres people on the hunt all the time for that elusive bargain
The demand farout weighs the so called bargains
Get your cash sorted and in your pocket ready to buy,theres plenty out there with money and cant seem to find an immaculate low K well presented GQ for minmal bucks

X2 it took me a solid 6 months of searching to find mine, I found it in the back of a car yard, it hadnt even been for a roadworthy yet ( it wasnt an issue though) I put down a deposit before the 4 other people who were looking at it did. It wasnt a bargin either.

Brendan56
8th April 2012, 10:18 AM
yeah i dont mind paying a bit extra if the deal is right, I mean... how can you put a price on love. haha

MQ MAD
10th April 2012, 09:35 AM
yeah i dont mind paying a bit extra if the deal is right, I mean... how can you put a price on love. haha

Does it have to be a diesel ???
Ill be selling my GQ soon , but its a 4.2 petrol,but itll be dearer than 8K
4 new tyres not 400Ks ago , those alone were over a grand

Brendan56
13th April 2012, 11:18 PM
I'm a mad sucker for diesel, and i can get decent tyres for decent price. :) Thanks for the heads up though, i'll definitely have a think.

MQ MAD
14th April 2012, 10:46 AM
I'm a mad sucker for diesel, and i can get decent tyres for decent price. :) Thanks for the heads up though, i'll definitely have a think.

Im a mad sucker for things that dont take 3 weeks to get up hills fully loaded, hence a pettie

But i gotta say that aside,
Theres some serious dreamers out there with pricing lately
Ive seen some early GQs asking way over 10K,and they have alotta Ks on them