PDA

View Full Version : Intro from elvis

elvis
1st April 2012, 05:38 PM
i just bought a nissan patrol 3.0 st six weeks ago and it was assembled march 2010. i just recently read all the "granade" issues on the zd's. if i read this issues "before" i bought my 4x4, i may just have a second thought. but could anybody straightly answer the question "does the japs already fixed the problem?" or is it still there? and i find it a bit thirsty on fuel. is there any mods that can be done to "ease the pain" of always goin' to the petrol station?..... cheers!

macca86
1st April 2012, 05:40 PM
pop over and introduce yourself mate if you read the info most grenades have gone off already and the trouble years were 2000 to 2003ish. By being thirsty on fuel what are the figures that you are returning?

elvis
2nd April 2012, 07:23 PM
thanks for the info macca86, i really appreciate it! now i can sleep well knowing that "issues" were already resolved. bout the thirstiness of the truck, as per specification it should give a 10.9L/100km but at the moment ( i have 8000km on the clock by the way ), 12.5L/100km if lucky and 13.33L/100km normally! i live on the hilly part of brisie and i always make sure the rpm is above 2k before i shift gear otherwise i see bits of smoke comin out of the exhaust on my side mirror and when it does, i feel terrible....

macca86
3rd April 2012, 07:13 AM
thanks for the info macca86, i really appreciate it! now i can sleep well knowing that "issues" were already resolved. bout the thirstiness of the truck, as per specification it should give a 10.9L/100km but at the moment ( i have 8000km on the clock by the way ), 12.5L/100km if lucky and 13.33L/100km normally! i live on the hilly part of brisie and i always make sure the rpm is above 2k before i shift gear otherwise i see bits of smoke comin out of the exhaust on my side mirror and when it does, i feel terrible....

That is normal economy you are getting. Evweryone else gets about that me included all highway driving and I see 10 to 11 L per 100km. I now drive between 2000 rpm and 3300 rpm for best torque and lower egt's the diesel likes to be reved a bit.

Also pop over and do an introduction tell people about yourself and rig then feel free to ask many questions and join in conversations

elvis
3rd April 2012, 08:20 PM
thanks again man for the tips!.... i would really love to pop over but... i am just an asian dude that came here in australia 4 years ago and am not really familiar (yet) to places here... it's really embarrassing for me to inform you that to date, the furthest place i've ever been up north is harvey bay and on the on the other side is byron bay... thanks for the tips again man!
by the way do i need to install boost and pyro guages as the other dude above is saying to monitor the engine properly? if so, will it affect my warranty? thanks again... : )

NissanGQ4.2
3rd April 2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum elvis

I have moved your post over to the intro section so other members get the chance to welcome you

We are a friendly bunch here.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

growler2058
3rd April 2012, 08:39 PM
Gday elvis welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Maxhead
3rd April 2012, 08:41 PM
G'Day Elvis, welcome to the forum mate

macca86
3rd April 2012, 09:12 PM
I have these guages as it seems I fried my turbo working her too hot and boiled the oil we think. Most people here would recomend these guages as do I. In regards to the warrenty I can't help wouldn't imagine it would but then again nissan isn't really the best at doing warrenty work so I have heard

Dhuck
3rd April 2012, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Finly Owner
4th April 2012, 11:27 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim