PDA

View Full Version : Re Registering a Car. Do you need to take it in?

AB
19th September 2010, 09:33 PM
I'm getting an old car re registered soon and I'm hoping my mate will let a few little things slide under the rug to get the RWC.

Haven't done this in ages but does anyone know in Victoria if you still have to take it into the pits for Vicroads to approve the roady before they issue the registration and give you plates, etc???:confused:

Assuming you still have to if It's been deregistered?

NissanGQ4.2
19th September 2010, 09:37 PM
I'm hoping my mate will let a few little things slide under the rug to get the RWC.

Can't help you on this 1 Andy, but you just gotta love mates like that

AB
19th September 2010, 09:38 PM
Can't help you on this 1 Andy, but you just gotta love mates like that

There rare these days, I just don't want to get him in trouble though...lol

AB
19th September 2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks Rohan, I wonder if they would have the same attitude for a vehicle been off the road for 12 months though.

Having say that though, a friend took a large trailer in to get registered and a lady came out and ask my friend to hold the tape measure and give her measurements and she didn't really give a rats!

Maxhead
19th September 2010, 09:47 PM
In Canberra, if the car has been unregistered for longer then 12 months or has been purchased outside ACT then it needs to go through the pits. Otherwise just a registered inspection mechanic can stamp it.

AB
19th September 2010, 09:48 PM
Oh god, it must be right on about 12 months now..haha

Damn it. I'll have to check the old rego sticker tomorrow.

NissanGQ4.2
19th September 2010, 09:49 PM
does anybody give a rats about anything these days..........as long as you hand over your money *L*

Maxhead
19th September 2010, 09:53 PM
does anybody give a rats about anything these days..........as long as you hand over your money *L*
haha, wish it was like that

rkinsey
20th September 2010, 01:43 AM
Hi AB.

Found this on the VicRoads website.

In Victoria a Certificate of Roadworthiness is generally required when a vehicle is sold or if a used vehicle is to be re-registered. This helps minimise the number of poorly maintained vehicles on the road.

In some cases a Certificate of Roadworthiness is also required to clear a Vehicle Defect Notice or a Notice of Unroadworthiness.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/BuySellTransferVehicles/Roadworthiness/

Cheers,

Rob

AB
20th September 2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks Rob, I'll have a read on there. I was just been lazy and hoped someone has done it recently...haha

Thanks mate.

rkinsey
20th September 2010, 05:13 PM
No worries AB. Only to glad to help out.