PDA

View Full Version : Bio-Diesel?

Coogs
1st April 2012, 05:36 PM
Can any members please give their thoughts on bio-diesel. Have done some reading, some say OK others say not. Result is confusion! I have a 2011 GU Y61/7/ 3LTD Wagon (ZD30DDTi Type B), 14K on the clock, accessories include snorkel & 3" exhaust.
Opps! .. forgot to add: can anyone suggest an 'onboard' fuel/ water separator. Have checked out Mr Funnel (F15 model) but maybe 'messy' to carry about. Will certainly appreciate your feedback.

grimace
1st April 2012, 10:13 PM
stick with what you know! it costs $6000 plus to replace the pump and injectors on the commonrail and personally i wouldn't take the gamble, cheers....

Woof
1st April 2012, 10:22 PM
Personally I would not use it mate, stick with the tried and true, not worth the risk to save a few dollars..........but that is only my opinion.

the evil twin
1st April 2012, 10:36 PM
Depends what you mean by bio-diesel. There are different grades

Mine is an 07 CRD and the owners manual says bio-diesel is not an approved fuel... not that I'd use it anyway.

FullFlxd
2nd April 2012, 10:51 PM
I tried it on the old truck and didn't really notice a difference. However, wouldn't touch it in the new truck! Don't know what the consequences are and have heard they are advrse. Sorry can't help too much

the godfather
2nd April 2012, 11:03 PM
I use it all the time. I have never had a problem caused by using it. My vehicle runs exactly the same. In saying that I run top quality diesel about every 5th tank.

Coogs
9th April 2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll use the real stuff and leave the bio alone .............. This