Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: DX grunt... in the flesh

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what my DX looked like before I fitted the ST seats & centre console. The second pic shows the DX style handbrake which is a little different to the centre console version.

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

The ‘ring’ which holds the base of the gearshift rubber boot on is also slightly different between the two models. The centre console version has an extra hole to mount the console to. Not an issue if you are changing to DX style though.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBadger View Post

When you get a chance, could you take a pic for me of your gearstick (+surrounding area), and the area between the seats. Mine has had a ST centre box thingy put in and i'm trying to work out what it looked like beforehand.
    This is what my DX looked like before I fitted the ST seats & centre console. The second pic shows the DX style handbrake which is a little different to the centre console version.

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

The ‘ring’ which holds the base of the gearshift rubber boot on is also slightly different between the two models. The centre console version has an extra hole to mount the console to. Not an issue if you are changing to DX style though.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (10th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Cuppa. That also explains why the passenger has that stupid floppy seatbelt clasp...
    Jon

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    I take it you havent had a chance to weigh the the rosscomobile yet ??
    Nah, but I will.......eventually..... lol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBadger View Post
    Cheers Cuppa. That also explains why the passenger has that stupid floppy seatbelt clasp...
    When I had my seats re-done, the passenger seat was foamed up to become a 'bucket seat' . It's licensed as a 3 seater, but really..... unless the passenger sitting next to the gear seat is small in stature, it's near on impossible to fit 3 burley blokes - like me - into my ute. lol.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just waiting for @Lights to get back to me and it looks like I'm gunna upgrade my Aurora 40 inch to the Extreme 40 inch.

I'm so scared of the dark. lo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

MB (14th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Just waiting for @Lights to get back to me and it looks like I'm gunna upgrade my Aurora 40 inch to the Extreme 40 inch. I'm so scared of the dark. lo.
    Rossco mate, is the 'Extreme' version the one @MudRunnerTD has on his tourer? (Vertical pointing LED's off 90 degree reflectors) they were friggin awesome dead set mate!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Rossco mate, is the 'Extreme' version the one @MudRunnerTD has on his tourer? (Vertical pointing LED's off 90 degree reflectors) they were friggin awesome dead set mate!!
    Not sure, but I'm guessing so. Lights is his mate, I think. @mudrunner

I'm really impressed with my 37" Extreme, so I'm seriously looking into changing my 40" Aurora.

I've PM'd lights and just need to know the total length. I need to know whether my current Aurora bracket will be big enough or too big for the Extreme 40".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

MB (14th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beast mode!!

I have done a fair bit of driving at night the last couple of weeks and the Extreme Light is awesome. I have to say though the 50w HID Lightforce XGT are a bonus down the middle. Really pleased with the total output.

Crazy though that you can get soooo used to the output that it's not enough! More! We want more please! Can I have some more please sir?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (15th June 2017), MB (14th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Beast mode!!

Crazy though that you can get soooo used to the output that it's not enough! More! We want more please! Can I have some more please sir?
    Exactly! lol

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast