Thread: 30 second err3ction

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 second err3ction

Thought that would grab your attention. lol.

I bought a 'thing' that takes 30 seconds to err3ct, but 35 minutes to put away.

I'm so frustrated. Rant over. lol
    Last edited by DX grunt; 8th October 2016 at 08:50 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    whack it with a cold spoon.......
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methinks you have one of those pop up shower tents?

They can be quite entertaining as long as it is someone else packing them away.

Practice & familiarity reduces the pack up time to a couple of minutes.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (8th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Methinks you have one of those pop up shower tents?

They can be quite entertaining as long as it is someone else packing them away.

Practice & familiarity reduces the pack up time to a couple of minutes.
    We got one of those for our shower. I practiced it at home a lot of times and had it down pat.
    When we got to the campsite I opened it up and packed it away a couple of times, getting pretty good at this!
    We were camped there for a week and when it came time to go home do you think I could fold the f@!#ing thing!??

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (8th October 2016), Sherro (8th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    We got one of those for our shower. I practiced it at home a lot of times and had it down pat.
    When we got to the campsite I opened it up and packed it away a couple of times, getting pretty good at this!
    We were camped there for a week and when it came time to go home do you think I could fold the f@!#ing thing!??
    Par for the course. Keep trying & you’ll have it conquered by the time it is worn out! Haha.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (8th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to look forward to, I guess. lol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest way is to fold it top to bottom and hold it in one hand - like a beer mug. Hold the edge on the ground and with the other hand push the opposite top down and under. If it does not naturally fold - you have it the wrong way around. Release and bend it the other way and again hold it like a beer mug.

It works every time for me. I have even won bets in camping grounds where frustrated users have tried for ages (at the amusement of everyone else) - and they bet I couldn't fold it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (19th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,021 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha yeah have one of them too. First time i popped it up then tried for half an hour to get it back to a size it would fit in the bag with no success, so lost the plot and actually javelined it into the shed closely followed with multiple expletives!! Sat there for 6 months until i was given the word how to fold it. Worked like a charm and now packed away properly, but has been a while now and forgotten the trick so I'm too scared to unpack it again. Farrcking rubbish item!!!!!!!!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (19th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a shower tent, YouTube is your friend, heaps of videos. I used this after battling with it in the kitchen much to the amusement of my wife, now have it down pat, easy.

Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Clunk (10th October 2016), mudnut (10th October 2016), MudRunnerTD (10th October 2016), Stropp (10th October 2016), Touses (10th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used one for the toilet. Come time to pack it away and yeah, after many many times without success it got placed on top of everything else, flat once home it went in the shed the same way. Have now a similar one, but it has fibreglass poles, like tent ones and it fits in the bag every time.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast