OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 769 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819869 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 10453

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, you've lost me :-( ?
    Are we Butcher Country ing this thread mate?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Ok, you've lost me :-( ?
    Are we Butcher Country ing this thread mate?
    Nah just term of phrase i hate when "yeah?" added to end of a statement, not actually asking for an opinion just an affirmation. Learnt from ex bosses i no longer work for! Youre a good bloke marky just hate that saying from experience

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (25th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of good interstate work Yakka all done, paid a fair chunk off the M/C then topped it up again, silly but me happy thread time :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (25th May 2017), Rossco (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 642 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of good interstate work Yakka all done, paid a fair chunk off the M/C then topped it up again, silly but me happy thread time :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't bring it to Qld brother, you'll get pinged because it is forward of and above the bullbar! Sad but true!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

MB (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Touses, appreciated mate! We've been keen to do Fraser Island again one day but think the family stockish wagon would be best for the kids. Apparently they're not allowed to ride in ute trays anymore as well, where has all the adventure gone :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Rossco (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 642 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Touses, appreciated mate! We've been keen to do Fraser Island again one day but think the family stockish wagon would be best for the kids. Apparently they're not allowed to ride in ute trays anymore as well, where has all the adventure gone :-)
    Na! No rides in the back of the ute mate, was a rite of passage when I was younger and slimmer!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

MB (27th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,718 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Painted the grille black and finished the new led headlights, easy job and seem like a nice upgrade but still yet to test them in the real world.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Seeing a lot more trucks with leds must be a good thing on the open road.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Seeing a lot more trucks with leds must be a good thing on the open road.
    Dunno.
    I’m seeing more vehicles on the road with very bright, very white headlights. Not sure if they are LED, HID or something else. What I am sure of is that when they approach me they are far more dazzling than conventional headlights, & very effectively reduce my vision. Great for the owner’s vision, but I question whether they are a good idea on public roads. Those I am referring to are dazzling on low beam & generally appear to be correctly set up. It’s not so much the direction in which they are pointed, just their general brightness.

LED’s per se are a good idea as they should use a lot less power & last much longer than a conventional halogen globe, but I think perhaps there will eventually be legislation needed to control the amount of lumens allowed (if there isn’t already?). I may be wrong but I suspect that because LED’s use a lot less current for a given amount of light, that it is resulting in LED headlights being sold that draw similar current to halogens with a resulting much great lumen output?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

gaddy (26th May 2017), Touses (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think that its also got a lot to do with the Kelvin rating of the globes.
    Lots are being sold in the 6000k to 8000k range. Whilst light penetration is good at these levels seemingly the harshness for the light goes up too.
    The warmer colour lights (more yellow) are no where near as harsh coming towards you nor so reflective off road signs.
    Thats why i try and stick to around 4500 to 5000k. I do lose some light output (lumens) but much easier on my eyes let alone anyone elses.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Dunno.
    I’m seeing more vehicles on the road with very bright, very white headlights. Not sure if they are LED, HID or something else. What I am sure of is that when they approach me they are far more dazzling than conventional headlights, & very effectively reduce my vision. Great for the owner’s vision, but I question whether they are a good idea on public roads. Those I am referring to are dazzling on low beam & generally appear to be correctly set up. It’s not so much the direction in which they are pointed, just their general brightness.

LED’s per se are a good idea as they should use a lot less power & last much longer than a conventional halogen globe, but I think perhaps there will eventually be legislation needed to control the amount of lumens allowed (if there isn’t already?). I may be wrong but I suspect that because LED’s use a lot less current for a given amount of light, that it is resulting in LED headlights being sold that draw similar current to halogens with a resulting much great lumen output?
    It's all about the direction of light, nothing to do with the colour of the light. Have a look at the picture of my LEDs on low beam, you will notice a clear cut off line.
    I drove my other car in and out of my carport with the new Patrol LED headlights shining towards me and was not dazzled at all by them. The project the light forwards and down, not up.
    Highbeams on though will blind any oncoming traffic, more so than a regular high beam because of the huge increase in lumens.

Page 769 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819869 ... LastLast