Thread: Do you think it’s odd .........

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now that we have met, I wouldn't call anything you did as "odd", Cuppa

Anyhoow... as mentioned by others... 'traction' beats 'momentum' hands down when talking about lower stress and reduced damage to your truck
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

jack (18th May 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm ....... I'll take that as a compliment ET!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Don't worry TD, we have years of practice ahead of us. ��
    just engage before you need them, they are an awesome bit of kit.
    takes a lot of stress out of the driveline used correctely
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news that dreams can become reality, good luck to you and your beloved and safe travels.

My Mrs has finally been pensioned off, or so I thought, she has been doing a bit of contracting since leaving the PS, but has agreed to 6 months of travel per year, get away from Canberra winters!

I now have elockers both ends and 43% reduction gears, can't be beaten .................. and if you don't tell your mates you have them they will be astounded at the level of skill you demonstrate in climbing that "impossible" track
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just home after a very long day in Melbourne. Left home just before 6am & got to Harrops at 8:15. Left Harrops at 4:45pm & got home at 7:45. Western Highway had the worst stop start crawling traffic jam I've ever experienced, went from the slip road off the ring road all the way to Melton.

Very impressed with Harrops, very professional & helpful. Dropped me off at the rail station so I could spend the day in the city, phoned me with updates, & picked me up from the station. The mechanic who did the job gave me a comprehensive report on the state of my diff/seals etc. He asked me when I last changed the oil. Told him the truth that I did it about 30,000 kms & 5+ years ago when I first bought the car, expecting him to tell me it was pretty ordinary, but in fact he said it came out like new, no metal in it at all. He said that the diff, bearings & seals were in excellent condition backing up the maintenance report that the diff had been replaced by Telstra shortly before I bought the car. I had thought that they fitted a complete new diff, but hadn't been 100% sure whether it had been a brand new diff assembly or a used one, or just new diff cases with the original diff gears. It appears that it was in fact a brand new complete assembly. The reason the mechanic asked, was 'cos he wondered if I had changed the oil very recently just before taking it to them. (I'm not that silly!).
    I don't know if purchasers who get their elockers fitted elsewhere (or do it themselves) get a Harrop 'show bag', but I did. Includes a Harrop T shirt, 3d adhesive badge, sticker & a keyring. Nice touch from folks who clearly know how to do customers service. I listened for any transmission whine on the way home & could hear none.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (19th May 2017), macca (20th May 2017), MB (19th May 2017), pearcey (23rd May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Cuppa;727726]snip... Just home after a very long day in Melbourne. Left home just before 6am & got to Harrops at 8:15. Left Harrops at 4:45pm & got home at 7:45. Western Highway had the worst stop start crawling traffic jam I've ever experienced,
    [QUOTE]

... and now you are fully locked the reason you were driving on the Highway is... what?

You do know that big green median strip and Korean hatchbacks aren't just there for show eh
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (19th May 2017), gubigfish (21st May 2017), jack (19th May 2017), MB (19th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was tempting ET, but I thought the D/head who went past me on the hard shoulder in a souped up sporty little red number at a high rate of knots & even higher revs would provide the cops with all the bait they needed!

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (19th May 2017), the evil twin (22nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Hopefully He'll keep this up
    http://www.cuppa500.com/CCC/CCC.html

...............on the road
    Or this http://www.cuppa500.com/_Big_Trip/Archive.html
    My whole website, despite not having been updated for 7 years still gets a regular trickle of visitors, with the total number of visits now over 192,000 http://www.cuppa500.com/Home.html

In response to Nissheads kind comment, yes I do hope to start blogging again when we once again take off. In fact I'm hoping that it might once again become an integral part of our travels. Not only was it good to share our previous blog (which from the feedback was clearly well received), it is so much better than just a relying on photos & memory to look back on. We always think we'll remember all we see, but then forget far more than we remember. Having a written blog helps to bring it back to life in ways that photos alone don't, the memories 'between the lines' come flooding back along with those in the text. When re-reading what I wrote I can even feel what I was feeling when I wrote it! At times writing was a chore, but as most here probably realise, I do actually quite like writing, and the process of doing so whilst travelling previously helped a lot to focus on what we were experiencing together, placing us in the moment rather than simply 'passing by'. MrsTea had a notebook by her side in the passenger seat & I would say 'note that down' whenever something took my interest. Doing so served as a sharing function between us, & kept up our level of intrigue & interest in the country were were passing through. Basically I think we noticed far more because we were always on the lookout for things to notice. And without her notes I could never have written a weekly('ish) blog. It was too hard to remember what day it was often, let alone where we'd been & all we had seen & done over a week, usually each note was just a couple of words or a single line, but they were great memory joggers.

Tonight I've been contemplating the possibility blogging again. I'd like blogging, together with photography, fishing & bushwalking to become integral parts of our adventure & exploration. It's hard though because the software I used previously is now obsolete & I would have to learn a whole new package. I want to be able to compose/edit offline, so I can happily sit in the middle of a desert putting a blog entry together ready for uploading when we get close enough to 'civilisation' to have a phone signal. I think I'm going to do it, I think I'd regret it if I don't.

If there is anyone here who has ever used either or both iWeb or Rapidweaver software I'd be interested to hear whether you would consider Rapidweaver a relatively easy transition from iweb. I definitely want 'drag & drop' software, & definitely do not want to have to know anything about html or coding......... and it has to be Mac friendly.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 21st May 2017 at 12:13 AM.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

pearcey (23rd May 2017), TPC (21st May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cuppa,

Check out wordpress, started out as a blogging platform and then became a website platform but still has the blogging capabilities in it. For your offline stuff, create a word document or mac equivalent if you don't have office and then just copy and paste the text, upload your photos and put them where you want them.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you be writing a story or two about your trip and selling them to a mag for extra cash Cuppa?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

TPC (22nd May 2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast