User Tag List

Thread: Injector with Needle Lift Sensor on RD28T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injector with Needle Lift Sensor on RD28T

I had a couple of injectors get fouled on me and am planning to order replacements. I know that the first cylinder injector on the RD28ETi is the one with the needle lift sensor and plugs into the wiring loom. My question is this - I have replaced my injector pump with a mechanical one, so it is no longer an ETi. Does that needle sensor play any kind of role now or can I change it out for a standard injector without the needle lift sensor?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope. Put a mechanical one in it. The injector is all the same as in settings and parts apart from the sensor.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Nope. Put a mechanical one in it. The injector is all the same as in settings and parts apart from the sensor.
    Thanks mate. The only other difference I see is the height. That won't cause a problem with the return and feeder lines will it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cant see it causing a problem mate. I dont have a lot of experience with the 2.8 but the return rails are the same for the 4.2s with and without the needle lift sensor.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fule injector problem

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianPatrol View Post
    I had a couple of injectors get fouled on me and am planning to order replacements. I know that the first cylinder injector on the RD28ETi is the one with the needle lift sensor and plugs into the wiring loom. My question is this - I have replaced my injector pump with a mechanical one, so it is no longer an ETi. Does that needle sensor play any kind of role now or can I change it out for a standard injector without the needle lift sensor?
    Hi, sorry this in my first time on this site. I have a question that I'm hoping someone might help me. I have an Nissan patrol zd30motor and I have taken out the injectors and didn't put them back in the same order ( other cars this hasn't been problem ) and now the car won't responds quickly it hesitates to accelerate.