Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, do like Millweld box also, was a bit concerned with the snorkel flexi duct but see now it can be solid pipe mod. With box, was looking for proven H/F design as running higher end boost (need >600CFM). Will ring thru to Mill and see what the go is and he may have some results I can look at.. Had Mill do may rear bar at Mansfeild 5-6 yrs ago as it was one of the first new GU body shape builds. Like his work, and he can draw on a lot of experience. Do also like ability to easily observe Fatz air box contents and provides 1180 CFM flow(as quoted).

I run a Fabwitz sys (box/induction piping) but looking for possible improvement low down torque 4&5th. Fabwitz has offered to take back air box and I make dollar contribution for supply SS 4" snorkel (fwd face/safari ram hd) and swap pipe from box to turbo. Understand they do pipe to turbo for Millweld box also..

What boost / approx pwr you both running with your TDs?
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Thanks guys, do like Millweld box also, was a bit concerned with the snorkel flexi duct but see now it can be solid pipe mod. With box, was looking for proven H/F design as running higher end boost (need >600CFM). Will ring thru to Mill and see what the go is and he may have some results I can look at.. Had Mill do may rear bar at Mansfeild 5-6 yrs ago as it was one of the first new GU body shape builds. Like his work, and he can draw on a lot of experience. Do also like ability to easily observe Fatz air box contents and provides 1180 CFM flow(as quoted).

I run a Fabwitz sys (box/induction piping) but looking for possible improvement low down torque 4&5th. Fabwitz has offered to take back air box and I make dollar contribution for supply SS 4" snorkel (fwd face/safari ram hd) and swap pipe from box to turbo. Understand they do pipe to turbo for Millweld box also..

What boost / approx pwr you both running with your TDs?
    30psi 175kw Radius Fab Airbox and Snork
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Bidja (13th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mines 140kw 500nm @22psi. Happy with those numbers but putting a new pump on next week to fix a couple of other issues with the pump I've been battling for a long while. Look for a little increase but not going to push it to far that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW John mate, I have Mill’s GU airbox on the 6.5NA and it’s great. The filter it uses is an Italian ‘BMC’ that’s suited for the Ford BA V8 if my memory serves me correctly. I bought a second one off Mill to be able to swap over on the fly out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bmcairfilter.com.au

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bidja (13th November 2018), Hodge (13th November 2018), PeeBee (13th November 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,260 Times in 6,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark, have been looking at the Fatz Fab pod air box, assume U are still running this mate.

Fatz tell me that only mod needed is to cut radiator cowl slightly and no need to move the aux battery tray for their air box to drop in. Is that what you found?

Could you measure the box length for me and how much clearance from bottom of pod filter to the air box base (inlet face)?

Are they good to maintain and seal well?
    Yeah I just had to trim the radiator cowl and that was it. If I had my time again I would have gone a radius fab fox that uses the flat panel filter. I think the air flow would be more even through the entire filter. But this requires the aux battery to be shifted back a bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah I just had to trim the radiator cowl and that was it. If I had my time again I would have gone a radius fab fox that uses the flat panel filter. I think the air flow would be more even through the entire filter. But this requires the aux battery to be shifted back a bit.
    Yeah the LS1 panel box (panel type designs) are considered up there with high flow attributes. Seriously gave the LS1 some serious thought, but not keen on shifting battery tray (min 20mm) and have a number of elec pwr feed rotary switches that also need moving. Just too much.

I have also heard there is 30mm min clearance rule eg: need to have 30mm min clearance between any of the filter effective surface and the container inside faces (box or cyl) that it is housed in.

Also looking at these also $340 w/o fiter. Uses 150mm long pod K&N. Looking at options.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah the LS1 panel box (panel type designs) are considered up there with high flow attributes. Seriously gave the LS1 some serious thought, but not keen on shifting battery tray (min 20mm) and have a number of elec pwr feed rotary switches that also need moving. Just too much.

I have also heard there is 30mm min clearance rule eg: need to have 30mm min clearance between any of the filter effective surface and the container inside faces (box or cyl) that it is housed in.

Also looking at these also $340 w/o fiter. Uses 150mm long pod K&N. Looking at options.
    I also bought a filter sock. Catches a lot before it enters the filter, without affecting air flow to a point where it matters. I did see a comparison vid somewhere, with sock vs no sock for air flow restrictions and it was virtually nothing. I also bought a spare pod filter from the same guys as it was half the price landed of what Fatz were asking.
    https://store.custombuiltmotors.com/...-cbm-logo.html

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mudski, Mark does this sock roll over the outside of you filter and is it oiled or dry? I run Donaldson paper cartridge units on the Chev and in dusty conditions would probably get two high country weekends out of a filter before I notice the engine is down on power and blowing heaps of black smoke.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    @mudski, Mark does this sock roll over the outside of you filter and is it oiled or dry? I run Donaldson paper cartridge units on the Chev and in dusty conditions would probably get two high country weekends out of a filter before I notice the engine is down on power and blowing heaps of black smoke.
    Yeah it goes over the filter itself. Goes on dry. The mesh is super fine. I found the filter is cleaner when I change it out every 5k service. Makes cleaning the filter easier too.

See if Donaldson make an Ultraweb version of the filter you are running. Better quality paper media is used in it. Probaby wont last any longer but the filtration capabilities are better.

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast