Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Tools you have bought/want to buy feedback thread

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PeeBee regarding the welder, not sure but if you paid via PayPal you may be able to escalate. I think you have 180 days.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Update - I finally got to the bottom of my Rossi 130amp MIG and its weld issues. After many emails back and forth the supplier finally admitted the welder was not as advertised however its my responsibility to see thru the information and do my own research - Yep, what a process. the welder is specifically sold for metal, mild steel, stainless, gas or gasless. Problem is the description is basically a cut and paste from other welders as the distributor is simply a wholesaler, which explains why it took so long to get to the bottom of the issue.
    To weld MS and SS with a MIG you need a DC welder. This unit is AC. AC is good only for Aluminum, gas or gasless. The distributor has wiped his hands of the issue, its mine now. The welder was purchased off EBAY from EDISONS. Don't trust this seller. Won't take it back, won't refund the cost and won't even entertain a return and upgrade to a welder that actually will do what the advert says. Very pissed off, but there is nowhere to go to appeal.

At least it confirms it wasn't operator error - this time!!
    Escalate it with ebay, if no luck there then escalate with PayPal.
    EBay generally react in a couple of days, PayPal take a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Escalate it with ebay, if no luck there then escalate with PayPal.
    EBay generally react in a couple of days, PayPal take a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    That's right, but I have never had a case not go my way. If the seller refuses to respond to your PayPal case, eventually PayPal will just automatically return the money to you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Winnie (18th September 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    That's right, but I have never had a case not go my way. If the seller refuses to respond to your PayPal case, eventually PayPal will just automatically return the money to you.

Thanks guys, I am dead in the water. Unfortunately, working a FIFO roster, I never even opened thebox for 12 months and it was purchased in Nov 2018. Its been used for exactly 1.5 kg of gas and 10ft of gasless wire. I am resigned to either sticking it back under the bench or put it om Gumtree. I guess I could have a crack at aluminium welding - that would be a new one for me! Still disappointing though. Looking at a CIG 200amp unit now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - I finally got to the bottom of my Rossi 130amp MIG and its weld issues. After many emails back and forth the supplier finally admitted the welder was not as advertised however its my responsibility to see thru the information and do my own research - Yep, what a process. the welder is specifically sold for metal, mild steel, stainless, gas or gasless. Problem is the description is basically a cut and paste from other welders as the distributor is simply a wholesaler, which explains why it took so long to get to the bottom of the issue.
    To weld MS and SS with a MIG you need a DC welder. This unit is AC. AC is good only for Aluminum, gas or gasless. The distributor has wiped his hands of the issue, its mine now. The welder was purchased off EBAY from EDISONS. Don't trust this seller. Won't take it back, won't refund the cost and won't even entertain a return and upgrade to a welder that actually will do what the advert says. Very pissed off, but there is nowhere to go to appeal.

At least it confirms it wasn't operator error - this time!!
    Ho Lee Fuk... the seller has no idea what he is selling. Bet he has gimp masks, herbal tea strainers, 10000000000000 lumen light bars,
    and butt plugs for sale in his store too...if your link is accurate what you have there is a cheap inverter welder. It is DC. So it should weld ferrous metal and staino.
    What exactly is the issue? My short lived rossi had shitful wire feed issues. It welded like a karrnt. Buy the Bossweld mst180 from bunnings for 500, if it dont work bring it back for a refund and feel free to abuse the fuk out of me.
    Last edited by Mickhead; 18th September 2020 at 04:54 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (18th September 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    Ho Lee Fuk... the seller has no idea what he is selling. Bet he has gimp masks, herbal tea strainers, 10000000000000 lumen light bars,
    and butt plugs for sale in his store too...if your link is accurate what you have there is a cheap inverter welder. It is DC. So it should weld ferrous metal and staino.
    What exactly is the issue? My short lived rossi had shitful wire feed issues. It welded like a karrnt. Buy the Bossweld mst180 from bunnings for 500, if it dont work bring it back for a refund and feel free to abuse the fuk out of me.
    Yeah disappointing and they are clueless. Its definitely AC. I was having trouble with the gasless wire, so decided to try with gas. Read 'somewhere in their paperwork the polarity need to be changed from DCEN to DCEP so after a number of messages to them finally goy a procedure, did the change, which is a swap around of two cables, but takes 45 minutes to by the time you get covers on and off, work out the orientation etc - did not make a cracker of a difference. I went back to them for help and they confirmed the machine is supplied set up for gas, change ir back, still no difference, went back again, no, it comes set up for gasless, changed it back, no difference, then after final contact, told i had bought an AC welder and it wont weld mild steel or stainless, only aluminum. Changing the cables wont make a difference on AC but will on DC - yeah i understand that!!! The advert says mild and stainless, nothing about aluminum. Its a cheapie I know, but I only had a job of maybe 5ft of weld to do and am generally competent enough on my two arc welders. Just pissed at the misleading advertising then the FU its your.

I will have a look at the Bunnings unit as you suggest, just want something that i can pick up after an extended break from it and not have to dive into a manual of find out some fine print issue i 'should' have known. Anyway, suggest people stay away from edison's unless they are buying something like a hammer or a screwdriver - anything more technical and they are lost.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

jay see (18th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just asked my professional welder neighbour, he says it's definitely a DC welder but will not weld ally.

I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    Just asked my professional welder neighbour, he says it's definitely a DC welder but will not weld ally.

Nic, here is the link , scroll down to the additional info section, states it welds all metals including copper??? but nothing about aluminum and clearly states its an AC welder, down the bottom on LH side. Right now I am rapidly losing interest in it. You couldn't weld two jam donuts together with it, its rubbish.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142478732660

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick word of Milwaukee 18v warning good folks!
    Don’t connect your 12AH High Output Chainsaw batteries onto your old brushed faithful 18v old school grinders and the like, they don’t appear to appreciate it they’re smelling me :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (19th September 2020), Avo (19th September 2020), Mickhead (19th September 2020), PeeBee (18th September 2020), Rossco (19th September 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nic, here is the link , scroll down to the additional info section, states it welds all metals including copper??? but nothing about aluminum and clearly states its an AC welder, down the bottom on LH side. Right now I am rapidly losing interest in it. You couldn't weld two jam donuts together with it, its rubbish.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142478732660
    If it's still advertised incorrectly you could raise it with ACCC as misleading you.

Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast