Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel bearings? Auto hubs?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wheel bearings i was happy to give a crack but becoming more and more complicated i think. May just have her towed to the mechanic. Thanks for the input guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like the auto hubs are rooted and may have engaged before self districting which would have probably been part of your other issues although not your brake issue, I still think you have dropped a pad but haven't seen the other thread so not up to date.

As per the link posted by mythird. Remove and bin. Replace both hub assemblies with either after market or second hand genuine. Manual hubs would've a winner but it's a packet. Give Patrolapart a call as they will probably have a pair on the shelf.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry Bexxy I thought you also posted the other thread but not so. Ignore my Brake pad comment.

Remove the hubs as they have collapsed and replace. Easy job.

Did this happen after being in 4wd? Do you Reverse the car to disengage your hubs when dropping into 2wd?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

dom14 (19th March 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beexy View Post
    So as per my previous post. Though stuffed wheel bearings. Finally went to have a look today. Jacked it up. Went to lock the auto hubs but wouldn't. Closer inspection showed the little plate with the arrow gone. When trying to lock just keeps spinning.
    Can you link to your other question mate so I have some context for this thread.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thanks for the tips but might just take it to the mechanic. When brakes start becoming involved i don't really want to stuff that

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beexy View Post
    And thanks for the tips but might just take it to the mechanic. When brakes start becoming involved i don't really want to stuff that
    Yeah, based on the time you have available, cash & your abilities with the maintenance mechanics of a vehicle, make your own judgement where to take the vehicle, whether it's your own home garage DIY or nearest professional fella with his pen and hands on the receipt pad. ]

I agree with MudRunnerTD. I think your auto hubs may need replacing, although I've got no idea why they stuffed in the first place. Manual hubs are the way to go, be it new or used from a wrecker.
    Nissan didn't master autohub thing in GQs and GUs(dunno about later models) from what I've heard. I've heard many guys replacing the auto hub with manual ones.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12