Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Please don’t listen to @PeeBee Folks!
    Worstest engineer ever I tells y’all:-)
    Stupid oil coolers aren’t self installing, just keep collecting dust

In fairness and practicality good old mate stopped me from installing 6.5 mud sponges down low :-)

Cheers Phil ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st August 2019), PeeBee (21st August 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found this on the Eaton website
    eaton-tvs-R2300-map.jpg

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting chart, my blower is sitting or dancing between the 65% and 70% island, depending on flowrate

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit the road today for a quick squirt around a very small block as no indicators or headlights in - just couldn't wait any longer. Anyway, its bloody noisy and harsh, nothing smooth or sweet about it, stick the boot in and it roars. I can't tell the acceleration, but first gear is useless, looking to get the bonnet scoop mounted tomorrow and also the air box sorted as well. From there it is then time to cut the hole in the bonnet to take advantage of the additional airflow. Going to need some really good sound insulation for the bonnet and the inside of the firewall. Can't tell yet if the clutch is slipping, could well be as acceleration wasn't that spectacular, but will wait and see tomorrow when I take it for a longer drive. Put the new headlights in - they don't work, so something else to resolve - ah yes, they run off the 28V power supply .....

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Hit the road today for a quick squirt around a very small block as no indicators or headlights in - just couldn't wait any longer. Anyway, its bloody noisy and harsh, nothing smooth or sweet about it, stick the boot in and it roars. I can't tell the acceleration, but first gear is useless, looking to get the bonnet scoop mounted tomorrow and also the air box sorted as well. From there it is then time to cut the hole in the bonnet to take advantage of the additional airflow. Going to need some really good sound insulation for the bonnet and the inside of the firewall. Can't tell yet if the clutch is slipping, could well be as acceleration wasn't that spectacular, but will wait and see tomorrow when I take it for a longer drive. Put the new headlights in - they don't work, so something else to resolve - ah yes, they run off the 28V power supply .....
    Good to hear that it's alive...
    Noisy and harsh, that is something that would bother me. Maybe not the noise, it is a big V8 diesel after all.
    Be patient and get all the ancillaries on and sorted and see how she runs then.
    I'm looking forward for my truck to run, but me thinks not this month.....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (26th August 2019), Rossco (27th August 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    s much as I hate auto's in the bush, I think this engine would shine with a great automatic, so I hope yours works out well Ralph. Looking for some quality soundproofing now for the bonnet and inside cabin. One the inlet aircleaner goes on I think a lot of the noise may temper.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll find that even the Duramax's and Powerstroke's are a completely different animal with good auto like an Allison. The torque from the US v8 diesels albeit plentiful, is short lived and good auto will utilize it much better than any manual
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (26th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey phil, glad to hear its up and running. So the noise and harshness, it that coming primarily from the supercharger? Any plans to for dyno readings or tuning although I know numbers are one thing and the way it drives is another. . Sure it will come up pretty wicked in the end, can't wait to see it. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rossco, I will probably take it across to the guys you ended up with, believe they are Standyne guys. Regards the numbers, not too fussed as I know its got to be more than what was there before - just having to re-learn how to drive the beast is going to frustrating. You might recall that i have said in the past that 3rd low was the death star gear in the bush - god only knows whats going to happen now!!!. So spent this roster getting the belts aligned - took a full day with all the sttuffing around, but now the belt sits right in the middle of every pulley, then 90% finished the airbox, another 100% custom jobbie, then tried to change over the glycol to my super soluble oil system and could not get the bloody thing hot enough at idle to open the thermostats and burp it - damn huge aluminium radiatior and duramax fan and cool day - 3 hrs and only half the known volume into the system - will try tomorrow, heading to site thursday so would like it sorted. Hoping to get out in it tomorrow, will see how I go. Next roster is wiring attack but suspect Jenny will have a pile of stuff lined up that hasn't been done - gutters for one comes to mind. Whats the name of the diesel tuning guys you went to - name escapes me.

Noise is from the s/c and the poor inlet - have a pod filter just to get it going and also no under bonnet insulation, hole in the bonnet - few contributing things, but s/c whine is going to take some getting used to. Looking for a new clutch as well, this one is going to fail in no time, like maybe tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by PeeBee; 28th August 2019 at 03:00 AM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, mixed day, burping the beast commenced again, bit more successful but still not convinced its done. Took it out for a freeway run and yes, it moves with a lot better response. Getting used to the whine is going to be the challenge! Throaty roar is still there as well, must sound great I reckon. Power steering pump blew a seal after 20klm and covered everything in fluid, smoking and giving the blood pressure a rise - new one on the way from WA. Going to be a biatch to get off now that its fitted into the engine bay.

More or less completed the airbox, waiting for the silicone sleeves to arrive, just have to make the perspex lid and tap some holes.

Didn't get to the bonnet scoop, but made drilling template for next time.

scoop.JPGAirbox.JPGPower Steerimng Pump.JPG

Looking into a replacement clutch, the Exedy Safari STHD is one and then there is the Viper . Usual amount of smoke and mirrors, Viper seems the conservative approach but going to cost a lot more as need a flywheel to suit. Stewing on this for now, couldn't tell if existing clutch was slipping - don't think so.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 28th August 2019 at 09:50 PM.

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast