OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1241 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 24174111411191123112391240124112421243125112911341 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,410 of 14478

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD Id be buying a second set and have them ready when they fail again.
    looks weird how they failed so early
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    They failed because he STILL hasn't put a set of long arms in yet.

Or he put the left hand side in the right and vice-versa........ but most definitely not having long arms
    Because the Geelong Freeway requires long arms ... I was actually thinking about whether the arms were in vice versa on the way home tonight from Matts place. Very strange to see all four fail.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got the bloody 80kph death wobbles in mine for the first time in four years. I really hope the wheels just need balancing as its really annoying and shakes quite violently. Panhard bushes are good, I know that, and the wheel bearings I have checked. Radius arm bushes are maybe 18months old....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I got the bloody 80kph death wobbles in mine for the first time in four years. I really hope the wheels just need balancing as its really annoying and shakes quite violently. Panhard bushes are good, I know that, and the wheel bearings I have checked. Radius arm bushes are maybe 18months old....
    I've always wondered about this. New steering damper wouldn't help?
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Couple of weeks ago I had movement felt coming back thru steering whl @ 80kph and took the easy path first and had full whl balance now fine. From a glance every thing else seemed OK_all good.

How violent can the all quoted "death wobbles" be noticed within reason (eg: bonnet/front panels start to gitter)?
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post

How violent can the all quoted "death wobbles" be noticed within reason (eg: bonnet/front panels start to gitter)?
    I think usually the driver should manage the wobble by increasing or reducing speed to minimise the effect.
    In me shit box GQ on the way from VHC I once tried to see what would happen if I kept the shakes going. Well besides all my insides nearly coming out my rear, I though all the panels and windows would give way...it was farked...bad, really bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Bidja (7th July 2019), Rossco (7th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    snip...

'Death Wobbles' are an Harmonic Effect so if the outside factors remain constant they just get worse and worse

If left unchecked IE you don't speed up or slow down to change the harmonics then they can be violent enough to shake the entire car quite severely, certainly enough to scare your pucker valve into slamming shut.

I had a case of death wobbles on my Tray Back that were significantly more violent than the gnarliest corro's I have ever driven on.
    The vehicle was frightening at anything like a constant speed between 75 to 85 KPH but happy to sit below or above that speed
    Last edited by the evil twin; 7th July 2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bidja (7th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Darren, why do you think they failed - leaving aside quality, are they loaded heavily or twisty stuff going on exceeding their duty? They appear to have failed catastrophically I would say. What a pain.
    Yeah I am putting it down to crap quality rubber. All 4 are compressed and collapsed. The arms where in the right way and the thing was rear steering it's head off.

The bushes where after market off eBay for $50 a set of 8. Damn it. Pushed out the uppers at the same time which had 320k factory bushes in. I have grabbed a set of OEM bushes from Roadrunner for $190 which where supposed to be here Friday but will arrive monday so will replace them all again. The original factory arms are back in it for a week of freeway.

Those bushes had commuted down the freeway for 8 weeks!!!! No off-road at all. The only thing they copped was a heavy right foot by Naomi.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 7th July 2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah I am putting it down to crap quality rubber. All 4 are compressed and collapsed. The arms where in the right way and the thing was rear steering it's head off.

The bushes where after market off eBay for $50 a set of 8. Damn it. Pushed out the uppers at the same time which had 320k factory bushes in. I have grabbed a set of OEM bushes from Roadrunner for $190 which where supposed to be here Friday but will arrive monday so will replace them all again. The original factory arms are back in it for a week of freeway.

Those bushes had commuted down the freeway for 8 weeks!!!! No off-road at all. The only thing they copped was a heavy right foot by Naomi.
    I feel your pain, you just don't need the practice on stuff like this. What site did you purchase from so others can be wary? Happy for a PM on this if you prefer.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (7th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I feel your pain, you just don't need the practice on stuff like this. What site did you purchase from so others can be wary? Happy for a PM on this if you prefer.
    Here ia the eBay link

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253239892969

And here is the screen shots. I have sent my pics to the seller but don't expect a reply as I have already left positive feedback...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Page 1241 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 24174111411191123112391240124112421243125112911341 ... LastLast