Thread: #The62 MudRunnerTD's New Wheels

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    What could go wrong??? I'm just gunna pretend it's a $10,000 GQ. #justsendit
    Mate, it's only 50 bux for a new Y62 dash cluster.

50 bux I tell ya!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th September 2021), Winnie (28th September 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I watched a video on Facebook about a month ago and it blew my mind. This became a bit of a No brainer once I saw the tech.

Once the car arrived I actually really liked the analog dash but the money was spent and oh well. So today it arrived ans the video promised it was a 15 minute install.....no Chance!!

Everything was in the box to calibrate the old dash to the new dash, no matter how old the dash is it will upload the history and odometer data. Pretty sik.

Calibration took about 3 minutes.
    Pulling the dash off was bloody traumatic and after bending a couple of trim removal tools and near on ripping my fingers off I watched 2 different vids that said Pop Pop, off it comes. No Farking Way...... 30 minutes it took to pop that sucker and it was Brutal!! I nearlly gave up. For sure there must be a screw or 3 in the way. MOFO.

But off she came, then just "unplug" everything. Nissan Plugs!!! All different and I could not see the actual plug I was trying to unplug. Shit got scarey!!

Old to New

Multiple screens. Very kool.

This is the kind of tech that the 300 will be coming with ans really does bring the Y62 into the 21st century.

I cant wait to use this.

I have shot a video and will upload tomorrow. I will also do a separate install thread for this jigger when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 28th September 2021 at 08:42 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th March 2023), Cremulator (28th September 2021), MB (30th September 2021), mudnut (28th September 2021), Stropp (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking bloody good mate, you don't dick around, gee that dash looks awesome, didn't realize they did a S5 version now, i notice you get a digital speedo , is it still 8-9ks out like the factory one ,or have they corrected it in the software ?

Also with regard to your exhaust, you need to keep a eye on your transfer case 4x4 actuator, they are prone to cooking the glue that holds the magnets in place once you have removed exhaust heat shields, ive done some testing on this, and the normal driving operating temp (standard exhaust) sits the actuator at 50 Deg C, might be worth testing to see if you need shields or wrap etc ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (29th September 2021), MudRunnerTD (28th September 2021), mudski (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work MudRunnerTD, that new dash cluster looks really really impressive!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    looking bloody good mate, you don't dick around, gee that dash looks awesome, didn't realize they did a S5 version now, i notice you get a digital speedo , is it still 8-9ks out like the factory one ,or have they corrected it in the software ?

Also with regard to your exhaust, you need to keep a eye on your transfer case 4x4 actuator, they are prone to cooking the glue that holds the magnets in place once you have removed exhaust heat shields, ive done some testing on this, and the normal driving operating temp (standard exhaust) sits the actuator at 50 Deg C, might be worth testing to see if you need shields or wrap etc ?
    Cheers for the heads up. I will have it back on the hoist tomorrow maybe and will have a look around the transfer. Have you got an image of the actuator?

I was really surprised how far out the speedo is. It is at least 10% out which is significant, the greatest discrepancy I have seen in a car. One of the vids I watched suggested that it corrected this, i have not driven it yet, I will let you know when I do though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's NASA age stuff there mate.
    While the dash was apart you should get rid of that awful woodgrain shit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021), Stropp (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the wood grain, I hate the carbon fibre look but have seen one done it what looks like brushed aluminium and it looked fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Hodge (29th September 2021), rusty_nail (29th September 2021)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I don't mind the wood grain, I hate the carbon fibre look but have seen one done it what looks like brushed aluminium and it looked fantastic!

I usually like woodgrain.
    But IMO it does not suit the Y62 . Nothing else in the car even remotely resembles or has that classic look theme about it... Just doesn't belong there I reckon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (29th September 2021), MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021), mudski (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah wow bloody snazzy just watched vid, yeah don't you love it when you watch a vid and looks easy as then have a go and struggletown damitt. . Yeah new cars all held together with clips little scary but spose they work, little different old GQ, attack it with screwdriver and apart in no time lol. . .

Certainly not piss farting about nice work

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021), Winnie (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post

Yeah I really like carbon fibre and have a heap of custom CF on my Triumph but it really is year 2000. The fake carbon looks like rubbish I reckon, hand laid carbon is sexy as. But yes I agree winnie it looks hideous in the 62. The wood grain is not as obnoxious as I was expecting and not too bad for my eye although come a bright day it might do my head in. I have seen one done with a brushed black alloy paint and clear coat! OMG it seriously looked amazing but would be some big coin. There are A Lot of panels to be pulled out so I understand the cost. It is a fair way down my list.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 29th September 2021 at 10:30 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (29th September 2021), Winnie (29th September 2021)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast