Thread: Suspension and tracking

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    My home internet crashed too. My 16yo son tells me we just got DDOs. Well shit!!
    Is that like digital STDs?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (19th September 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything like that gent, press report and we will dump them quickly. Especially stuff for members with less than 5 posts
    Yeh did that. Woo woo warning check this guy. Did you not get that report?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (12th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Yeh did that. Woo woo warning check this guy. Did you not get that report?
    Actually both you and Time reported it. Missed it sorry gents.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (12th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually both you and Time reported it. Missed it sorry gents.
    Can we reset this thread to get back to Timbos question. Gone right off track thanks to our spammer mate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (12th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo2410 View Post
    Hi all, .. anybody got thoughts on the best quality adjustable steering damper is?
    Why do you want an adjustable steering Damper? The Damper is there to provide damping or softening of the steering. It is either on or off. What are you trying to fix?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i also need to know if a 32inch tyre will fit on the rear door of the gu y61 patrol
    Yes. A 33 will fit easy too. I have carried a deflated 35 on the back door for years.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok .. so I had been down the path of sagging springs .. had new springs fitted with a (approximate) 2inch lift. Terrible wobbles. Had 2 degree castor correction which helped a lot.. had an offset bearing in the front left .. all sorted .. kinda .. went well for a while but then noticed pretty bad outer edge tyre wear on fronts. Wheel alignment all good (expected toe out issues but that was fine so they found that was fine), so suggested swap tyres front to back and inside to out. A whole lot better .. as in 98% .. suggested next step would be to fit an adjustable damper to get it spot on (mine was an an Ironman unit that I was talked into when springs were fitted). All other wear components are fine (according to my Nissan mechanic guru who has stopped me spending more money thus far). I still have the original Duelers on the car which may be so unevenly worn that they are causing the issue. I just cant be f"%&d anymore and want to get it all sorted so I can then get a set of 32 or 33's with steel rims on it and start from new. But don't want to do anything until the front end is sorted. Suggestions most welcome

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok .. so I had been down the path of sagging springs .. had new springs fitted with a (approximate) 2inch lift. Terrible wobbles. Had 2 degree castor correction which helped a lot.. had an offset bearing in the front left .. all sorted .. kinda .. went well for a while but then noticed pretty bad outer edge tyre wear on fronts. Wheel alignment all good (expected toe out issues but that was fine so they found that was fine), so suggested swap tyres front to back and inside to out. A whole lot better .. as in 98% .. suggested next step would be to fit an adjustable damper to get it spot on (mine was an an Ironman unit that I was talked into when springs were fitted). All other wear components are fine (according to my Nissan mechanic guru who has stopped me spending more money thus far). I still have the original Duelers on the car which may be so unevenly worn that they are causing the issue. I just cant be f"%&d anymore and want to get it all sorted so I can then get a set of 32 or 33's with steel rims on it and start from new. But don't want to do anything until the front end is sorted. Suggestions most welcome
    The dampener won't be your problem mate and no adjustment there will help. It is a dampener so basically a shock laying down restricting the feed from the steering box. You are doing all the right things. It's not ridiculous that your tyres are now knackered and part or all of your problem. Check other bushes too. Panard bush, tie rod ends. Drag link ends.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all mechanicals have been checked and they are fine .. shes only done 80,000 (had since 48,000). It's taken this long to get things almost sorted. The mechanic AND the tyre mob are not overly happy with the Ironman damper .. that's why they have suggested to get an adjustable one (and it would not be through either one of them). I really don't want to get new tyres and have a wear issue.
    Apart from that, was looking at getting a set of Toyo light truck AT's. They have said that I can get them to fit the standard rims (32inch tyres) but thinking of going steel. Again welcome to suggestions.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not aware of Any Adjustable steering dampners on the market to be honest. What do they think you can "adjust"?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast