Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Sounds like you do have the spacers then, just strange that all my bolts dropped in.

Spent some time "optimising" the engine location, happy with where is sits, now to see if the hood will shut!
    Doing the fuel lines, hydoboost and seeing how the shifter will work.
    Has been slow progress so far, however that has allowed me to look into some other areas that need sorting, like the interchiller etc.
    Where did you get your 8rib pulleys from? I know Leroy did the crank, but what about the others.
    BD supplied the other pulleys. The s/c pulley i would go direct to Bullet. Leroy did the crank as above. I would get a price off both these guys in hind sight especially as you are doing the build, not them. If you are going the interchiller route, I would suggest mounting the heat exchanger in as accessible a location as possible - just makes installation easier. Also, the mount brackets are not up to a 4wd application - 3mm alumimium angle - so you will have to beef this up. I would also ask for extensions to the mounting studs that come off the interchiller - their length is based on the 3mm aluminium bracket - I would ask for at least a 20mm extension

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been stuck inside looking after a very sick dog for the past 2 days, so today launched into the remaining hoses on the interchiller. 3 hours later and 2 FU's, one hose done - then moved to hose no,2 and wrong fitting supplied - seems the bulkhead fitting is an absolute oddball, so off to the a/c guy for that one as well - that's 3 custom fittings.

Then decided to swap out the oil cooler behind the grill with a different shape unit, ah yes, lets get screwed up again - different fittings, so down to PIRTEK and $120 later, arrived home and commenced the nightmare of new mounting brackets and hose fit-up. Finally got it all back together after what seemed like 100 changes, then drove the truck into the garage only to notice a huge trail of diesel. I am guessing but suspect its a return line hose that I have knocked off whilst wrestling with the first series of interchiller hoses - by then, could not care, so parked it up, washed the driveway down and came inside . Can't say a massive step forward, but it is progress. Oh, and the headlights including high beam have now decided to start working - life is fully of surprises at the moment.

Also noticed the vac assist had disappeared, checked the gauge on the vac tank and nothing. Looked down and found the belt slipping on the pulley. Smaller nose pulley must have pushed the take up to its limit, plus the 6 rib belt probably stretched a bit - so off to find the next size down I guess.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 6th April 2020 at 08:51 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day today, finished all the other hoses, ready for the a/c guy to weave his magic. Could not find the a/c clutch wire, have totally given up - he will have to run another one. Finished off the oil cooler, happy now it does not sit in front of the condensers. Hooked up the stage 2 solenoid kit for the interchiller. ran and tested the w2a pump, just want to add the speed controller and flowmeter before filling the system. Fuel leak last night turned out to be a return line reefed from an injector - too 60 secs to resolve, all good.oil cooler.JPG
    Chased down an 8 rib belt to suit the smaller nose pulley - like rocking horse do-do in the size rang, but finally gates tracked down a couple, and will have them tomorrow arvo with luck, ten power brakes and clutch will return.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two steps forward, two steps back. Replacement belt arrived today, too short, and no other lengths in between, so threw the 8 ply belt on of the original length and will see how that lasts.

Filled up the water to air circuit with antifreeze, ran it up, leaks out of the flowmeter connections - they have BSPP thread and should be BSPT - so a couple of hours sorting that out. wired up the pump, fired it up and running at a system pressure of 7psi and 3LPM - hmmm, bit short of the 50-60lpm at 7psi on the pump curve. Tong tested the motor, pulling 7amps. All hoses fine, no kinks or restrictions. Rang Davis Craig, asked a million questions, no idea, will think about it overnight. I think its the wrong pump. Looking like the EMP pump is going to get a nod, but expensive. 40lpm @30psi guaranteed. Off to the a/c guy tomorrow to give him the heads up for the job ahead, now scheduled for next roster break. The replacement pump needs to be in place before the a/c charge also, so I am guessing its looking like a May 5 booking - so frustrating.

Tomorrow I will hook up the water injection system.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mixed bag day. Met with the a/c workshop, nothing was a problem. truck booked in for next Tuesday to make the funky fittings, run a new power line to the a/c compressor - he laughed about my 'losing it'. Only snare might be the timing of my daughter giving birth, so will see how that pans out - she might have to wait until the truck comes back!

Resolved the inadequate water pump issue, manufacturer agreed to take it back and the seller agreed to take it back and even pay the return freight - DDI auto - great mob. Placed the order on the super pump today, lands in Aust circa April 30. Its a totally different config to the original, so suspect I will be up for another custom header tank. Pump draws 25amp and delivers a guaranteed 30lpm thru 3/4" lines or 40lpm thru 1" lines. My system is already configured for 3/4 so will see how that goes - can always upgrade down the track for the price of some hose and fittings.

Mounted the water injection pump, ran power and hoses from cabin into the engine bay, few hours more work on this tomorrow especially to set up the boost injection curve, I am running an AEM system with no black boxes apart from the injection setpoints, signal comes off the vac line to the boost gauge.

Need to buy a new boost gauge - was running a 15psi unit and I full scaled it today and its a rooted now - will buy a 0-30psi next. One of the neighbours made comment about the 'noise' coming down the road as I approached - luv it!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (10th April 2020), MudRunnerTD (9th April 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day of progress, been waiting for the call regards the new babe, but it doesn't want to come out amongst this Covid-19 stuff.

Plumbed up the water injection system, and powered it up, didn't get it out for a try. Tee-ing into the boost line was fun - not - didn't have the right size tee - probably did at some stage - its hiding in the garage like everything else I suspect. Anyway, all ready to roll.

Finished off the Codan installation and that's working as it should. Pulled out the custom tank and davis craig pump, now 'dreaming about what to do with the avail space when the new pump arrives at the end of the month.cabin control.JPGpump.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tidied up the garage tonight as the wife does not want her car in tomorrows storm, and bugger me, found the tee piece I knew I had for the vac line. Unbelieve it.

Was reading up the manual tonight trying to decode a blinking red light and then realised its the low water level sensor light - well, the kit never came with a water level sensor did it - so how can it work if the controller doesn't get a high water level feedback signal - god almighty, what is wrong with these people, another item incomplete and totally in-operable. Jumped on line and bought one as simply not worth taking my time to explain and understand it for some supplier. Now the challenge - yes, there is always a challenge - is to integrate it into the water circuit, which is not configured for this device - aaarrrggghhh.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 10th April 2020 at 09:53 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leisurely start today. Finished off the Codan installation, needed to run a fresh cable to the auto tuner. Sorted out the sat phone mount, and made a mount bracket for the PX-07 air compressor so it sits under the second row seat behind the driver - opposite side to the water injection pump. Resolved the fault with the pump also - blown fuse.

Getting closer and the pile of boxes in the study is getting smaller!aircomp 1.JPGAir comp 2.JPG

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (12th April 2020), MB (13th April 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawled in from the garage after another day of Covid-19 isolation and got hit with the question "Do you know how much you have spent on that truck?" No idea, was the answer, but 'SHE' is starting to add it all up I suspect to use at an appropriate time! The only box left on the floor in the study is the 12V electric vac pump, so happy days.

Todays hitlist is all electrical
    1) Difflock feed - disappeared
    2) interior light feed over windscreen - disappeared
    3) shuroo re-wire with regulated supply
    4) roofrack lights - disappeared

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (13th April 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged