Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gq Vacuum canister tank.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gq Vacuum canister tank.

I was having a look at the rd28 supp and noticed this tank that I thought might be emission related but turns out to be a vacuum canister. It is not there in my car and some one has fitted an air horn pump. Now I have removed the pump but want to know if it is a vital thing to have. I have heard that it is for brakes and clutch but I am not sure as the car won't be here until next week and want to get a RWC done so want to cover as many things as I can. Pic for attention. Is it ok not to have this installed?

what is.png

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    100% need it mate.

Some of us need more, low revs no brakes it's a must have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    100% need it mate.

Some of us need more, low revs no brakes it's a must have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate I will get onto it asap. I didn't think of the low revs part makes scence. Cheers

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, look at all that room under the bonnet!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

AB (17th December 2017), GQtdauto (17th December 2017), MudRunnerTD (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mad66 View Post
    I was having a look at the rd28 supp and noticed this tank that I thought might be emission related but turns out to be a vacuum canister. It is not there in my car and some one has fitted an air horn pump. Now I have removed the pump but want to know if it is a vital thing to have. I have heard that it is for brakes and clutch but I am not sure as the car won't be here until next week and want to get a RWC done so want to cover as many things as I can. Pic for attention. Is it ok not to have this installed?

what is.png
    It is interesting that yours dosent have one yet is drivable. I would suggest it might have been relocated as you will simply have almost NO Clutch and certainly No Brakes. I had a split vac hose on my GQ 9nce and had Zero brakes! I had to pull up with the hand brake and use rescue tape on the pipe.

I'd say it is there somewhere or a smaller one is there.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting I will have a good look to see. but what I did notice I a few vac lines going nowhere. brakes are good and so is clutch so not sur yet, will get back as soon as I have a good look.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah agree must be one somewhere else. I had no vac in the clutch the other weekend and was a prick of a thing but no vac to brakes would be defiantly undriveable they would be terrible. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    It is interesting that yours dosent have one yet is drivable. I would suggest it might have been relocated as you will simply have almost NO Clutch and certainly No Brakes. I had a split vac hose on my GQ 9nce and had Zero brakes! I had to pull up with the hand brake and use rescue tape on the pipe.

I'd say it is there somewhere or a smaller one is there.
    Doesn't that make it a little bit unsafe?!!!
    Are there any counter measures built into diesel engines to prevent that from happening on the fly?
    I mean losing brake boost due to loss of vacuum is one thing , but losing brake entirely can be trouble, particularly if the car's moving fast enough.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    Doesn't that make it a little bit unsafe?!!!
    Are there any counter measures built into diesel engines to prevent that from happening on the fly?
    I mean losing brake boost due to loss of vacuum is one thing , but losing brake entirely can be trouble, particularly if the car's moving fast enough.
    It happened to me on the freeway. it wasnt until i was pulling into the service centre to refuel that i realised i have Zero Brakes. change down on the fly then handbrake to a stop worked fine. Emergency braking would have been out of the question though.

If the OPs car is drivable and has brakes i think there will be a Vac Can somewhere.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

dom14 (18th December 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mad66 View Post

what is.png

So i am in front of the computer now and looking at your pic on the big screen. That canister you have pointed too is a secondary tank. See the smaller tank behind the coolant reservoir mounted to the side wall will be linked into the system and is the Only tank i have on the GQ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast