OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1018 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 18518918968100810161017101810191020102810681118 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,180 of 14472

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it seems we have a mouse/rat plague at our house. EWWW.

Can't afford an exterminator, and allergic to cats. Going to buy the baits from Bunnings, apparently throwing them in the roof is the best option (we have a 15 month old).

Does that mean I'll have a whole bunch of dead mice to cleanup in the roof later? Still rather do that than have the little fockers crawling around pooing on everything. One jumped in my partners coffee last night, and I swear one crawled on my forehead when I was asleep the other night... The amount of poo cleaning and surface cleaning we are doing at the moment to try and keep our 15 month old safe from rat poo etc is ridiculous.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbbinhood View Post

Can't afford an exterminator, and allergic to cats. Going to buy the baits from Bunnings, apparently throwing them in the roof is the best option (we have a 15 month old).

Does that mean I'll have a whole bunch of dead mice to cleanup in the roof later? Still rather do that than have the little fockers crawling around pooing on everything. One jumped in my partners coffee last night, and I swear one crawled on my forehead when I was asleep the other night... The amount of poo cleaning and surface cleaning we are doing at the moment to try and keep our 15 month old safe from rat poo etc is ridiculous.
    Not good mate. I haven't had a plague but have had two occurrences over 8 years here where I had one or two meecies running amok. I originally bought the throw bags and never even had one chewed! The good ol' mouse trap, set really really finely (set the trigger right on the leading edge micron!) and baited with peanut butter worked every time for me. Don't set the trigger right to the back as the mice are really delicate during their peanut butter raids and will get a free feed from you. I generally didn't snap any on the first night, but second night onwards was a snapping good time!

And don't do what I did once. I'd just caught a mouse and thrown it in the bin, then re-bait the trap for next victim. Opened a new jar of peanut butter, dunked the knife and applied the bait to the (used) trap. Needed a bit more PB so dunked the knife in again to get some more. D'oh!! New jar of PB into the bin after that!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Throbbinhood We use a sonic pest reppeler seems work ok got
    it from Bunnings haven't seen any mice for ages

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had success with an old school trap.
    Get an empty wine bottle or long neck,
    Fill one third with water,
    Put a piece of cheese or bread sticking out of the neck,
    Wipe top couple of inches of neck with butter to make it slippery.
    Lay bottle down on bench or table with neck sticking out over edge.
    Place half full bucket of water on floor under neck of bottle.
    Mouse tries to get cheese, slips on butter and falls in water and drowns.
    Will keep catching mice until bucket is full.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to get mice in the house all the time but I now have a couple of Rodent Bait Boxes outside and as long as I keep the baits topped up I never get them inside now.
    Have had rats in the roof and used some throw baits which worked for me and never had any smell afterwards.

Bait Box.jpeg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    baited with peanut butter worked every time for me. Don't set the trigger right to the back as the mice are really delicate during their peanut butter raids and will get a free feed from you.
    Add to the above :
    Wrap a small-ish lacky band around the trigger a number of times to make a "mesh" to hold the peanut butter, and put the PB on the underside of the trigger as well - harder for them to get to = higher catch rate.
    I also put a bit of the leftover oil from the PB onto the end of the pin too, just to ensure it goes off easily.
    Then you just need to find a safe place to set it away from the prying fingers of the youngun'...

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. My partner has just gone down to the big green shed and dropped fifty bucks on various poisons, traps, and an electrical gizmo. I get the fun job of climbing into the roof and throwing the things around.

Guessing for most of them, I can just throw them around the roof? Or do I need to place them more strategically?

Hopefully they all work sooner rather than later. I cant shake this 'yuck' feeling off me. Ironically, I'll happily camp up to a week with no shower, but just knowing there's mice in the house repulse me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just be careful the rodents/ possums don't relocate the baits. We found a few possums writhing on the ground the day after I threw baits into the roof space. They had dragged some baits with them, and it was by sheer luck they dropped them on the outside of the fence, away from the dogs.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Just be careful the rodents/ possums don't relocate the baits. We found a few possums writhing on the ground the day after I threw baits into the roof space. They had dragged some baits with them, and it was by sheer luck they dropped them on the outside of the fence, away from the dogs.
    Thanks @mudnut I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just read what I wrote. It sounds like we were after the possums. They were an unfortunate by-kill. We have blocked off their entry point into the roof, and built some nests for them since then. I use traps for the rats now, baited with a bit of salami which is held in place with a bit of copper wire. The rich aroma drags rats in from quite a distance.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Page 1018 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 18518918968100810161017101810191020102810681118 ... LastLast